Another Mirror attack at City

Is this complete twunt perhaps related to that Maddock character that Swales brought in solely to sack Peter Reid and then say it wasn't his decision?
Either way, it is the final straw for me. A boycott of this laughable, anti-City arsewipe has already been mentioned and perhaps we need to do this on a more organised scale. Set up a sticky on the site, get some leaflets printed and handed out and harass their journos (totally within legal boundaries, of course) when they turn up at COMS.
If we get the ball rolling and have an impact on sales in Manchester — as with the Sun in Liverpool, albeit in that case with vastly more serious provocation — their sports editor might finally see sense.
We are not asking for special treatment. We just want fair, honest, balanced and reasonable journalism. Such an obvious vendetta against the club, its owners, management, players and fans (remember the build up to the 50th anniversary derby) can longer go unanswered . . . or unavenged!

Given that England's friendly on Saturday was so dull most of us, in retrospect, would have (tactically) submitted to shopping with the missus rather than watch it, you could be forgiven for thinking nothing of import occurred.

Yet there was a moment, 65 minutes and 27 seconds into the contest, that those of us still conscious and still actually bothered could have interpreted as one of real significance in the nebulous development of modern day football.

Ok, ok. I might be guilty here of injecting a little too much drama into a something so lifeless a necrophiliac would have had trouble finding pleasure from it, because what actually happened was a thoroughly bored crowd perked up sufficiently - when Matthew Upson was replaced by Joleon Lescott - to roundly boo Manchester City's latest signing.

Quite possibly the worst three paragraphs of sports writing I have ever had the misfortune to read. The above ^^^ is virtually incoherent. But at least this pseudo-intellectual numpty is getting good use out of his Concise Oxford dictionary by managing to squeeze 'nebulous' and 'necrophiliac' into the same article. A journalistic first, surely. Well done, Davy la'!

LongsightM13 said:
Is this complete twunt perhaps related to that Maddock character that Swales brought in solely to sack Peter Reid and then say it wasn't his decision?
Either way, it is the final straw for me. A boycott of this laughable, anti-City arsewipe has already been mentioned and perhaps we need to do this on a more organised scale. Set up a sticky on the site, get some leaflets printed and handed out and harass their journos (totally within legal boundaries, of course) when they turn up at COMS.
If we get the ball rolling and have an impact on sales in Manchester — as with the Sun in Liverpool, albeit in that case with vastly more serious provocation — their sports editor might finally see sense.
We are not asking for special treatment. We just want fair, honest, balanced and reasonable journalism. Such an obvious vendetta against the club, its owners, management, players and fans (remember the build up to the 50th anniversary derby) can longer go unanswered . . . or unavenged!

I agree, need to get some 'City fans boycott The Mirror' stickers printed.....

I thought I read a comprehensive breakdown of anti-City stuff from The Mirror a month or two back, but can't remember if it was on bluemoon or maybe event King of the Kippax. If anyone can point me in the right direction i'll try and come up with some form of 'boycott' leaflet design. Then the small matter of getting 10,000 or so printed up . . . off to do the lottery

The author's weasel words...

DavidMaddock wrote:
Interesting comments, especially the one about the Sun offer, but I'm not sure you do know the answer. As a football reporter who operates largely on Merseyside, I'm very aware of the feeling towards that newspaper in the area, and money would never be the only issue. But I accept your point, and I think I make the same one in my article. I really like Joleon Lescott, and would never condemn him - or anyone - for taking the chance to earn more money. Nor would I condemn Manchester City for trying to sign a very talented player, no matter what their methods. If you read closely, you'll realise that I am merely condemning the hypocrisy of the situation as it developed. Perhaps it was unfair to single out City and Lescott, but what I am really saying is the football-watching public is clearly beginning to tire of all the games players and clubs are now indulging in to engineer transfers. Morally, it stinks, even if it is the way of the world. But believe it or not, I have nothing against City. In fact, I'm rather hoping they break into the top four this season, to shake things up a little, given that it's been a pretty boring procession for the past few years.
9/9/2009 5:14 PM BST on Mirrorfootball.co.uk

A horribly incompetent piece of journalism, this.

Also:

If being popular means winning nowt, then I'll take being hated and winning something.

They'll get over it.

"They are tired of pretty ordinary footballers like Tevez, Lescott and John Terry winning the lottery every week for simply kicking a ball around."
if its just kicking a ball around lazy journalists shouldnt get paid handsomly for commenting on what any old tom dick & harry could say .dont bite the hand that feeds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.