Another new Brexit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh not more bad news!
Not for Gibraltar, sounds that like N. Ireland another part of the UK getting a better deal than some other parts.

The border will operate under Schengen agreement terms while the final deal is hammered out and Spain will be responsible for applying them, Gonzalez Laya said. Spain hopes the final agreement will come into force within six months, she said.

Got my fingers crossed that they can get something sorted before Bidens Administration takes the reins. Their narrative hasn't been too encouraging.
Cos it’s currently Trump’s priority to propose a UK trade deal and both houses of Congress are going to approve this mythical deal in the space of 3 weeks.

Not for Gibraltar, sounds that like N. Ireland another part of the UK getting a better deal than some other parts.

The border will operate under Schengen agreement terms while the final deal is hammered out and Spain will be responsible for applying them, Gonzalez Laya said. Spain hopes the final agreement will come into force within six months, she said.
With NI in the EU CU and Gibraltar now in Schengen, I suspect all the other non-England areas will be pushing for something similar before too long.

You need to have a word with this guy

I‘m sure President Biden will be having a word, possibly a few words, like ‘I accept your resignation’.

Like shooting fish in a fucking barrel, or shooting UK fishermen in a trade deal with the EU...thought I would keep it on topic.

With NI in the EU CU and Gibraltar now in Schengen, I suspect all the other non-England areas will be pushing for something similar before too long.
Think so, I know Scotland has voted to keep Scottish law in line with EU regulations where it has the power to do so. So thats 4 seperate relationships with the EU within the UK all creating internal barriers to go with barriers between the UK and the EU. I can see Scotland and Wales pushing to align with N.Ireland. Sure it will be ignored in London though.

Ohh not more bad news!

EqksCfyW4AIeagf

HM Govt of Gibraltar...

The treaty to be negotiated will deal with maximised and unrestricted mobility of persons between #Gibraltar and the #Schengen area.. almost at the last minute, the negotiation is successfully completed and the clock has stopped ticking. We are going to avert the worst effects of a hard #Brexit.‘
Not more loss of sovereignty.
'ckin Ada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.