Another reason to fine us.....

I've had a think about this and am going to go against the grain a bit.

It could actually be a good idea to be fair, if the club got fined for showing empty seats then the higher-ups may well decide that 54,000 at £20 a ticket is better than 40,000 at £40 a ticket and thus reduce prices?

I've had a think about this and am going to go against the grain a bit.

It could actually be a good idea to be fair, if the club got fined for showing empty seats then the higher-ups may well decide that 54,000 at £20 a ticket is better than 40,000 at £40 a ticket and thus reduce prices?
Clarkie alert.

There is no excuse in not going at the prices we offered on wednesday also kids for a fiver in a champs league game come on no excuse.

Clarkie alert.

I had to look twice... Maths not his strong point obviously

Nothing wrong with my maths.

Have another read, let me know when you work it out.

(Obviously you'd need to factor in a fine, but that went without saying given the thread title and preceding sentence "if the club got fine for showing empty seats..")

And jacko, I'd have expected better than that from you to doubt my maths, you've seen where I live due to it.

(Obviously you'd need to factor in a fine, but that went without saying given the thread title and preceding sentence "if the club got fine for showing empty seats..")

And jacko, I'd have expected better than that from you to doubt my maths, you've seen where I live due to it.
I agree with you*. This can only be a good thing for ticket prices.

*that's a first

Nothing wrong with the maths at all, @Prestwich_Blue has been pointing this out for a long time, hence my flippant response. You do have a point though, in that it may force the higher-ups to actually consider this.

Nothing wrong with the maths at all, @Prestwich_Blue has been pointing this out for a long time, hence my flippant response. You do have a point though, in that it may force the higher-ups to actually consider this.
Ah right. It just hadn't really gained any support in the thread.

I did read Martin Samuel bemoaning it a few weeks back as well and was surprised he hadn't supported it as it may mean clubs are forced to make tickets available at a reduced rate.

Ah right. It just hadn't really gained any support in the thread.

I did read Martin Samuel bemoaning it a few weeks back as well and was surprised he hadn't supported it as it may mean clubs are forced to make tickets available at a reduced rate.
I think the challenge at City is the fine line between "buy it, it's only £xxx and decide on the day if we go or not" and "I'm not missing that, I've paid £xx for it".

West Ham will have the former problem later this season with their £295 season ticket holders if things aren't going well on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.