Another shooting in america

mcmanus said:
Fuck knows.

America obviously has it fair share of sick twisted twats, just like we'll have ours. The very, very simple difference is ours fuckwits can't get hold of assault rifles, glocks, semi this, point 322..... etc

Thank fuck.
I think you have buried you head in the sand if you think people cannot get hold of weapons like that in the uk well illegally of course<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:15 am --<br /><br />
G-Star Medium Rare said:
Just watched Obama make a very emotional speech in Newtown.
Talked a lot of bollocks about God stuff, and some moving words about parenthood etc.
What he didn't say was
"and from midnight tonight the sale of automatic weapons to members of the public is illegal in the U.S.A."
.......the most powerful guy on the planet .......???
That would be because he isn't a dictator

BoyBlue_1985 said:
mcmanus said:
Fuck knows.

America obviously has it fair share of sick twisted twats, just like we'll have ours. The very, very simple difference is ours fuckwits can't get hold of assault rifles, glocks, semi this, point 322..... etc

Thank fuck.
I think you have buried you head in the sand if you think people cannot get hold of weapons like that in the uk well illegally of course

-- Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:15 am --

G-Star Medium Rare said:
Talked a lot of bollocks about God stuff, and some moving words about parenthood etc.
What he didn't say was
"and from midnight tonight the sale of automatic weapons to members of the public is illegal in the U.S.A."

This guy wasn't a criminal and undoubtedly had no criminal contacts, he was a lunatic. Sure, criminals can get illegal guns but they aren't the ones who go on shooting sprees, they use guns to steal. I only wish it had been a criminal who went into that school that day, he would have stolen their lunch money and been on his way.

buckshot said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
mcmanus said:
Fuck knows.

Thank fuck.
I think you have buried you head in the sand if you think people cannot get hold of weapons like that in the uk well illegally of course

-- Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:15 am --

G-Star Medium Rare said:
What he didn't say was

This guy wasn't a criminal and undoubtedly had no criminal contacts, he was a lunatic. Sure, criminals can get illegal guns but they aren't the ones who go on shooting sprees, they use guns to steal. I only wish it had been a criminal who went into that school that day, he would have stolen their lunch money and been on his way.
Obviously with freedom to hold semi automatic weapons it causes the problems you have in the US but we have had people killed with illegally owned firearms when no theft was involved like the 2 police women in the summer. A few years ago we had a bloke go around randomly killing people with legally owned firearms, some weird taxi driver guy. All I was saying though is that people think because firearms are made illegal they don't exist in the UK

G-Star Medium Rare said:
What he didn't say was
there is already a fucking shitload knocking about so id imagine it'd be hard to make it illegal all of a sudden, ammunition needs to be controlled/gotten rid of.

what do people make on morgan freemans comments about it, implying its the media's fault for portraying these killers as celebrities rather than sad, psychotic bastards. it'd be a bit simplistic to just blame it on the media but i think he has a valid point.

BoyBlue_1985 said:

That may well be the case, but mentally ill people at least can't go to any gun store and get a semi-automatic.<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:24 am --<br /><br />
stimo said:
what do people make on morgan freemans comments about it, implying its the media's fault for portraying these killers as celebrities rather than sad, psychotic bastards. it'd be a bit simplistic to just blame it on the media but i think he has a valid point.

Media tells people what they should think and feel. A media that idolizes violence creates violent citizens. Not rocket science really.

Unknown_Genius said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Canada and Switzerland have the same/similar gun control laws as the US?

Mythbusting: Israel and Switzerland are not gun-toting utopias

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012/12/14/mythbusting-israel-and-switzerland-are-not-gun-toting-utopias/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/won ... g-utopias/</a>

Essembe said:
SWP's back said:
Essembe said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-20723910

China school knife attack in Henan injures 22 children

A man with a knife has wounded 22 children - at least two of them seriously - and an adult at a primary school in central China.

The attack happened at the gate of a school in Chenpeng village in Henan province.

Police arrested a 36-year-old local man at the scene.

Security at China's schools has been increased in recent years following a spate of similar knife attacks in which nearly 20 children have been killed.

The BBC's John Sudworth in Shanghai says many of the attackers have been mentally disturbed men, prompting a debate about the effects of China's recent, rapid social change and the inability of an antiquated hospital system to cope with rising levels of mental illness.

The Associated Press news agency quotes a police officer as saying that this latest attack happened as pupils were arriving for classes.

The agency also quotes a county hospital administrator as saying that the man first attacked an elderly woman, then the children, before being overpowered by security guards.

He added that two of the injured pupils had been transferred to better-equipped hospitals outside the county.
And if there is one massacre a month for the next ten years then that argument would be valid you right wing gun loon.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate your insults.

I don't have an argument. It is a sad day and a tragedy like all these events. I think we may have to realise that some people do some stupid things. In China without a gun but a knife, In the USA with a gun. How do we stop someone who goes over the edge?

It speaks volumes of our society when lunatics do things like this. I personally prefer a loon with a knife - than a semi-automatic. Call me crazy.

Too many US citizens simply hide behind the 2nd amendment to dismiss any sensible argument about gun control.

Surely terms like 'freedom','democracy' in the constitution are fairly abstract principles which can remain unchanged and stay meaningful from one decade/century to the next. The 'right to bear arms' on the other hand clearly refers to a concrete noun referring to weapons at the time. If gun-nuts want to use the constitution to defend the right to have automatic weapons, by that f****** logic surely they could also argue for the right to bear rocket-launchers or in another century maybe instantly lethal laser guns??? After all, they resemble what a gun was during the drafting as the constitution about as much as the assault rifle used in the school.

Essembe said:
SWP's back said:
Essembe said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-20723910

China school knife attack in Henan injures 22 children

A man with a knife has wounded 22 children - at least two of them seriously - and an adult at a primary school in central China.

The attack happened at the gate of a school in Chenpeng village in Henan province.

Police arrested a 36-year-old local man at the scene.

Security at China's schools has been increased in recent years following a spate of similar knife attacks in which nearly 20 children have been killed.

The BBC's John Sudworth in Shanghai says many of the attackers have been mentally disturbed men, prompting a debate about the effects of China's recent, rapid social change and the inability of an antiquated hospital system to cope with rising levels of mental illness.

The Associated Press news agency quotes a police officer as saying that this latest attack happened as pupils were arriving for classes.

The agency also quotes a county hospital administrator as saying that the man first attacked an elderly woman, then the children, before being overpowered by security guards.

He added that two of the injured pupils had been transferred to better-equipped hospitals outside the county.
And if there is one massacre a month for the next ten years then that argument would be valid you right wing gun loon.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate your insults.

I don't have an argument. It is a sad day and a tragedy like all these events. I think we may have to realise that some people do some stupid things. In China without a gun but a knife, In the USA with a gun. How do we stop someone who goes over the edge?
You do understand the fundamental difference between 'injured' and 'dead', right?

nomorethaksintimes said:
Too many US citizens simply hide behind the 2nd amendment to dismiss any sensible argument about gun control.

Surely terms like 'freedom','democracy' in the constitution are fairly abstract principles which can remain unchanged and stay meaningful from one decade/century to the next. The 'right to bear arms' on the other hand clearly refers to a concrete noun referring to weapons at the time. If gun-nuts want to use the constitution to defend the right to have automatic weapons, by that f****** logic surely they could also argue for the right to bear rocket-launchers or in another century maybe instantly lethal laser guns??? After all, they resemble what a gun was during the drafting as the constitution about as much as the assault rifle used in the school.

I agree completely with this, sadly though it far too sensible an approach to be swallowed by the U.S. I can picture the faces of methed up rednecks, camouflaged anti-zionists and well-heeled arms manufacturers reeling in horror at the thought of arms controls.

Fox News will come up with a story saying "Obama to cost economy $40 billion, 20,000 jobs etc with his communist gun controls etc etc." And once the public are force fed this bullshit, the lives of these babies who were massacred will be forgotten until the next time.

I'm sure Obama wants to do what's best, he seems genuinely shattered by these events, but I don't think he'll be able to. It may take a similar bout carnage on a maternity ward to have any effect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.