Another Trophy Hunter ****

First I was appalled.

Then I did some research on this particular case whether true or not. So the decision to kill this giraffe was because it was old and could no longer reproduce and had killed two younger male giraffes and if left alive could kill a few more. The cost of culling the giraffe would not generate revenue to the reserve compared to contracting a hunter who is willing to pay a lot of money to kill, and I read the money goes to the country and the reserve in protecting the wildlife. The giraffe also contributed to around 1k-2k of meat for villagers to eat.

So I'm not sure where to stand in this. Obviously it takes someone who has a thirst for killing/ hunting animals to do it which is wrong by all accounts, but I wonder if the decision to kill it based on the above makes it justifiable or should nature just be left to progress on its own without human intervention?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.