Anti depressants..

After over a year on Citalopram, I’m going to speak to a doctor today regarding the possibility of weaning off it.

Whilst I believe Citalopram was useful in the first six months for treating anxiety, I don’t believe it’s helpful anymore. For many months now everything has seemed kind of ‘meh’, and increasing the dosage to 40mg only made me feel more confused and apathetic.

I don’t want to be emotionally blunted for the rest of my life, and now I believe is the right time to try and come off the medication.

Incidentally, my GP has been on the very same SSRI for over three years.

I did mention the complete lack of emotion (good and bad) that can come with AD's earlier in the thread.

I did mention the complete lack of emotion (good and bad) that can come with AD's earlier in the thread.
That you did.

Unfortunately it’s been difficult to identify the cause of such emotional blunting as my meds for ADHD can do the exact same thing (with added agitation) when the dose is wrong.

Hmmm.

It’s now close to six weeks since I last took Citalopram yet I still seem to be greatly struggling with SSRI discontinuation syndrome.

My mind is foggy. I’m apathetic. And worst of all, I am extremely detached from myself and those around me.

Perhaps it’s depersonalisation/dissociation/de realisation but nothing seems real at the moment.

It’s extremely disconcerting that it can take people years to recover from taking an antidepressant. My neuro-transmitters are seemingly ruined.

With respect you were put onto the higher dose because you needed it,coming off it doesn't seem to be to have been the right time to do it,now you are stuck in the middle,did your meeting with the dr lead to you doing this and did he agree to it?

With respect you were put onto the higher dose because you needed it,coming off it doesn't seem to be to have been the right time to do it,now you are stuck in the middle,did your meeting with the dr lead to you doing this and did he agree to it?

Yes, she was happy for me to wean off the drug but shamefully I stopped about a month earlier than agreed upon.

I accept that I only have myself to blame but the side effects of discontinuation are quite frankly terrifying.

I feel as if I’m trapped inside of myself. My mind is perpetually blank/fuzzy and I can’t seem to exhibit any real emotion. I’m almost hoping to become angry about something but all my emotions are ostensibly trapped inside of me.

I don’t know what my options are aside from trying another antidepressant.

To make matters worse and all the more confusing, the drug I take for ADHD, Tranquilyn, may well be exacerbating my symptoms. But if I were to stop taking that, there’s a strong possibility I would have to quit my current job due to overstimulation from sensory overload.

Yes, she was happy for me to wean off the drug but shamefully I stopped about a month earlier than agreed upon.

I accept that I only have myself to blame but the side effects of discontinuation are quite frankly terrifying.

I feel as if I’m trapped inside of myself. My mind is perpetually blank/fuzzy and I can’t seem to exhibit any real emotion. I’m almost hoping to become angry about something but all my emotions are ostensibly trapped inside of me.

To make matters worse and all the more confusing, the drug I take for ADHD, Tranquilyn, may well be exacerbating my symptoms. But if I were to stop taking that, there’s a strong possibility I would have to quit my current job due to overstimulation from sensory overload.
You have fucked your system up,go back and get her advice and don't stop your other drugs or add anything else in.there is a reason you wean not stop quickly as you are finding out,go back next week and sort out a plan with her,if you feel you can't wait then go to A&E and get seen sooner,stay calm,rest and get seen and get back on track,you'll be fine lovely

Not sure about your physical state but have you tried or considered going to the Gym?

There's nothing like going to the gym and having them endorphins being released in your brain which gives you the feel-good factor, it also helps you gain confidence when you're working towards a goal and meet the targets you've set.

Self confidence and well-being is a big step in the right direction and over time it can be your place solace where you can leave all your thoughts and worries at the door. I don't know your circumstances but i'd advise giving it a shot if you haven't tried it, the worse that can happen is being fit and healthy, you've got nothing to lose?

Good luck

I was doing HIIT but lost motivation after a few months.

I’ve been to a few gyms over the years but it’s difficult to justify the expenditure when there’s no clear goal in mind.

I’m beginning to resign myself to the distinct possibility that I may well spend most of my life in a rather saturnine and depressive state of mind.

Life as an adult on the autism spectrum present challenges that few people could possibly understand. Whilst it’s not the same for everyone, it’s difficult to derive meaning from life when one has an innate inability to relate to others. I know I should be more grateful but a palpable sense of alienation and disconnection from other human beings does eventually take its toll on one’s mind.

I guess I will just have to wait and see what my doctor comes up with.

I’ve now been prescribed a small of dose of Pregabalin for anxiety.

Aside from making me ravenous and sleepy, I can’t say for sure if it’s done a whole lot for anxiety thus far.

Was given Metazerpine (sp?) last year, around this time Infact. The quack said I’d need around 2 weeks to feel the effect. I didn’t notice anything other than sleeping better. I was quite disappointed tbh as I was expecting my then really low state of mind to be happy again. Naievity on my part I guess. In the end I just stop taking them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.