Anti depressants..

Depression has nothing to do with what you’ve got going for you. It’s a chemical imbalance in the brain’s function. Absolutely anybody from any walk of life with any kind of background or life situation can develop depression.

Depression does not discriminate between the rich or poor, those with a great family and friends or those surrounded by twats, those with a huge circle of people around them or the lonely who have nobody, those in work or out of work, music or sport lovers or boring sods who seem to be into nowt... literally any person get get depression.

There can be people who’ve been through some terrible tragedies who’ve always struggled with money and relationships and family who don’t get depressed; yet someone who earns £150k/year with a happy and beautiful family who’ve never known a hard day, can get it.

One thing that is starting to be proven is that people who eat well (and I’m talking about those that get all the right nutrients vitamins and minerals in their diets) throughout life get depression as lot less than those that don’t.

For anyone suffering from it - sack the meds the NHS give you right off for a kick off as they aren’t making you better, they’re just making you feel better, and eat less beige food, eat the rainbow every day (veg and fruit of as many different colours as possible), throw in some CBD oil (and maybe some LSD, honestly!), and get some regular exercise and you’ll be better off.
I dont know enough about it but in the main i don't agree.i only post what i feel , i have been in some very dark places in my life and dealt with them. I'm of the view you are who you are regardless of diet money sadness or happiness. Again its only my take but as i look at my grandkids and beam with joy,that overcomes any medication in my opinion.
I feel for others who are not so lucky.

I started on 20mg per day of Citalopram, upped to 30mg after a while then dropped to 10mg. I'd recommend staying on 10mg for the time being if I was you mate, as it seems to be working for you. From what you've said it sounds like you're not far enough into your recovery to come off them fully, there's no shame or embarrassment in that. Just try and get some consistency in your time management and lead a slightly more active life, maybe reduce social media too. Once you get the ball well and truly rolling with this positive lifestyle, then try and come off them.

Please don't try and come off 10mg fully, you'll need to go down to taking half a tablet a day instead. Then half a tablet every 2 days after say 2 weeks etc. Bring it down in increments like that and it'll be so much easier. You'll be dizzy as fuck on and off for about 4 weeks but it will pass. I'm no Dr but I think that about explains how I handled coming off the same drug, I did balloon 2 stone on though very quickly unfortunately. Started a keto diet 3 weeks ago and dropped just over a stone of that already. Just take your time with it, get all the things in your life mapped out and into a routine and help yourself grow as a person, be brutally honest with yourself but not too self-critical. All the best with it.

Nice one fella.

Rarely go on facebook & just use Twitter but yeah need to remove that for a while.

Been going to the gym a lot, thats helping me.

Different ADs work (or don't work) for different people. For some people, ADs simply don't work at all.

I was on several different ADs until I talked my GP into referring me to the trick cyclist at hospital. After a number of "sessions" I was eventually put on Mirtazapine, which worked for me. Started on 45 mg. Now on the minimum dose which "maintains" me nicely. Still get a very occasional "dark week" but very rarely. Am more or less "normal".

You basically have to keep mithering the GP until you get the right treatment. Mind you, having the right GP is a big help. Mine had a certain amount of scooby about mental health. A lot of them know SFA - about as much as the average bloke on the bus.

All this stuff about coming off ADs and cycling more, or whatever, is fine if it works for you. If it doesn't then it's dangerous advice, potentially fatal. You have to find something that works for you, and you are a unique individual. There is no absolute, certain solution that applies to everyone.

Nice one fella.

Rarely go on facebook & just use Twitter but yeah need to remove that for a while.

Been going to the gym a lot, thats helping me.

Just don't come off them all at once, go down in increments when you feel you're ready, over about a 6-8 week period. Ideally pick a time slot where you're not at a really stressful period, I was going into the final 3 months of my university degree, so hardly the best timing, but I can be very bullheaded at times.

Different ADs work (or don't work) for different people. For some people, ADs simply don't work at all.

I was on several different ADs until I talked my GP into referring me to the trick cyclist at hospital. After a number of "sessions" I was eventually put on Mirtazapine, which worked for me. Started on 45 mg. Now on the minimum dose which "maintains" me nicely. Still get a very occasional "dark week" but very rarely. Am more or less "normal".

You basically have to keep mithering the GP until you get the right treatment. Mind you, having the right GP is a big help. Mine had a certain amount of scooby about mental health. A lot of them know SFA - about as much as the average bloke on the bus.

All this stuff about coming off ADs and cycling more, or whatever, is fine if it works for you. If it doesn't then it's dangerous advice, potentially fatal. You have to find something that works for you, and you are a unique individual. There is no absolute, certain solution that applies to everyone.

I will reiterate this. Don't take advice re your meds from me as gospel, I am just relaying what worked for me. Feel free to dabble with that, but each person is different on their road to recovery. Don't do anything that will put your health in serious harm, if you're not ready and the pills work wonders, stay on them.

Just don't come off them all at once, go down in increments when you feel you're ready, over about a 6-8 week period. Ideally pick a time slot where you're not at a really stressful period, I was going into the final 3 months of my university degree, so hardly the best timing, but I can be very bullheaded at times.

Thank you, i will do.

I'm still not dealing with the end of my marriage tbh, well tbh its more not having the kids with me every day. Been nearly 2 years now

Thank you, i will do.

I'm still not dealing with the end of my marriage tbh, well tbh its more not having the kids with me every day. Been nearly 2 years now

Really sorry to hear this, I do feel for you. I'm not a father myself yet, but my only advice would be try your best to be the best father and role model to your kids as possible. I'm sure they're proud to call you their dad and even more so if they see a happy and warm person every time they see you, keep working on you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.