Anti Vax Demonstration outside South Stand

I had to pop into a local convenience store this morning for one ingredient my wife had forgotten to buy. There were ten people in the queue, only five wore masks, myself included. One ill-advised old chap tapped a yob and said he should be wearing a mask, and the yob said “f-off, no f-er tells me what to do, f-off and die!” I live in Bournemouth, aren’t there any nice young people left any more?
Be funny if he got Covid, was pleading for oxygen or pain relief and the doctor said the same to him.

My mate constantly says this - Twitter creates the impression of a world that simply just doesn't exist in reality. If you go online you'd be convinced there is full on culture wars going on about everything all the time in modern society, when in reality, you go outside and most people are just cracking on ignoring the few crackpots. A lot of the stuff online is vastly more fringe than we realise. Twitter is just a place that attracts the gobbiest types (guilty lol), and even a few voices can seem like a lot when they're that persistent.
It just looks like they're trying to convince themselves they're right rather than anyone else.

My mate constantly says this - Twitter creates the impression of a world that simply just doesn't exist in reality. If you go online you'd be convinced there is full on culture wars going on about everything all the time in modern society, when in reality, you go outside and most people are just cracking on ignoring the few crackpots. A lot of the stuff online is vastly more fringe than we realise. Twitter is just a place that attracts the gobbiest types (guilty lol), and even a few voices can seem like a lot when they're that persistent.
They carve out echo chambers. Block anybody who points out lies/unfacts, and constantly use one or more of:
‘Sheeple’
‘Wake up’
‘Hold!’
‘China virus lab’
‘Monkey vaccine’

My eldest son is a covid semi skeptic and bangs on about vaccines relentlessly. With every announcement of the need for a new jab he's off on one. That said hes gone and had his third jab today. I had to laugh when he was called for the second and he said his usual "I'm not having it, I felt like a sheep queuing last time. I'm never queuing again for anything like those Sheeple" at that point I said fair enough now the next time you're shopping in Asda just walk straight to front of a queue and tell everyone in it to fuck off and you ain't no sheep like them, let me know how it goes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.