Antoine Griezmann

If someone wore a ginger wig, covered themselves in a white cream and held a hurley they'd be just as racist?

If someone wore a ginger wig, covered themselves in a white cream and held a hurley they'd be just as racist?
You’ve got to think about the history of wearing ‘blackface’. It was because they didn’t want black people on tv etc so they coloured up white people and basically were just stereotypes and caricatures of black people. Although griezman was probably just wearing fancy dress and having a laugh the connotations are still there and I see why people could be offended.

You’ve got to think about the history of wearing ‘blackface’. It was because they didn’t want black people on tv etc so they coloured up white people and basically were just stereotypes and caricatures of black people. Although griezman was probably just wearing fancy dress and having a laugh the connotations are still there and I see why people could be offended.
Fair enough. I just think its overblown. Doesn't in any way imply that the kid is racist or an asshole.

None of that exists in France or Spain though, which is why there was no outrage there when Griezmann did it.

2c1557fb81bb4841beaa8a55bf9c6929.jpg

Nice guy he may be, but something like this is bound to make us look elsewhere IMO...

If a black person went to fancy dress as a white person, I’d take no offence. Far to many people who take offence over fuck all these days. He shouldn’t have posted that on social media though.

If a black person went to fancy dress as a white person, I’d take no offence. Far to many people who take offence over fuck all these days. He shouldn’t have posted that on social media though.
Yeah I know but theirs no negative history of that. It’s the history of it that’s the problem. Again I don’t think he meant anything by it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.