Antonee Robinson

Zabaleta was a combative player, be it in the middle or full back, a player with stamina and great heart. Robinson has greater speed and perhaps a little more finesse, but that’s what makes his flying challenges, when they come, so jaw dropping.

It’s something the coaching staff would need to work on.

I also can’t see us paying 10 million for a player who only signed for Fulham for 2 million last August and who has a recognised heart issue.

Christ, wtf is he on!! The way he just smiles off those horror tackles puts me right off him. He'll probably end someones career one day.

Could be a good signing but was looking forward to seeing the guy from Portugal coming

My other issue is whilst I think we need a left back I cannot see Cancelo Ake Laport getting enough game time if we do and I cannot see us being able to sell Mendy even tho he has improved at bit now he is a bit fitter or at least is not as terrible and if we cannot get rid of him then we are very over stocked and just a mess at left back especially if we then bring someone in

Could be a good signing but was looking forward to seeing the guy from Portugal coming

My other issue is whilst I think we need a left back I cannot see Cancelo Ake Laport getting enough game time if we do and I cannot see us being able to sell Mendy even tho he has improved at bit now he is a bit fitter or at least is not as terrible and if we cannot get rid of him then we are very over stocked and just a mess at left back especially if we then bring someone in
Mendes only turns 19 next week while Robinson turns 24 in August, and the latter has a year of league experience under his belt. Robinson would presumably also qualify as home grown.

Were he to sign, I hope it ends the policy of playing right-footed players on the left or squeezing a centre back in there just to give them game time.

Not bad as a back up but that's what zinchenko should be. We need a top draw left back.
Do we? Liverpool arguably have the best pairing of full backs in the league, which cost them relatively little. What we arguably need is the position resolved for the next couple of seasons, after which Mendes should make the position his own. If we need more money to fill other attacking positions, then it still makes sense.

Surely going out on loan would benefit Mendy and us. If he gets regular football he may get some form; off the back of that he may get a transfer to a decent club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.