Antrim

Its looks like the country has come a hell of a long way in a relatively short space of time

I started going there in 1998 when my best mate moved over there. It has come a long way. You don't see armoured cars drive on to the beaches anymore or the police stations like castles or burning barricades, but religious segregation is still everywhere as evidenced by the flags and murals and no go areas.

I go over to the ROI for a week most years to play golf with friends from Galway. This year we were up in Donegal for the first time and it blew me away. I’ve seen a good bit of the island, Donegal wins. Well worth it If you can get over from the north.

I started going there in 1998 when my best mate moved over there. It has come a long way. You don't see armoured cars drive on to the beaches anymore or the police stations like castles or burning barricades, but religious segregation is still everywhere as evidenced by the flags and murals and no go areas.
They like a flag and a mural haha

Only time i felt intimitated was when i drove around the falls road to see the peace wall. Drove into a cul-de-sac by mistake and there was a load of chavs on bikes and a few banged on the car. But that could happen in benchill sooo...

we booked a tour to giants causeway, bushmills , rope bridge at carrick a rede. never got to cross rope bridge due to high winds so got a bit of the game of thrones tour instead. some of the scenery along the coast is amazing. city centre still seemed as if it was being renovated but accomodation was excellent. good bars, and highly recoomend

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.