Any Bluemoon fishermen/women?

ox-blue said:
Keen Carper myself and where I'm from surrounded by some of the best still waters in the country! Linear Complex 5 mins away! Orchid lake close by linchill boast's a 50 called Chocco!
You're spoilt for choice in that area. I lived in Henley on Thames in the mid 90s and loved the fishing down there. Lucky you. Lots of northern carpers travel to Oxfordshire just to catch decent fish. A 20 in the north is as common as a 30 in the south.

anyone from around salford?
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.facebook.com/groups/133524476679047/?hc_location=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.facebook.com/groups/1335244 ... ion=stream</a>

and

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.salfordfriendlyanglers.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.salfordfriendlyanglers.co.uk/</a>

Didsbury Dave said:
ox-blue said:
Keen Carper myself and where I'm from surrounded by some of the best still waters in the country! Linear Complex 5 mins away! Orchid lake close by linchill boast's a 50 called Chocco!
You're spoilt for choice in that area. I lived in Henley on Thames in the mid 90s and loved the fishing down there. Lucky you. Lots of northern carpers travel to Oxfordshire just to catch decent fish. A 20 in the north is as common as a 30 in the south.

Plenty of water around the midlands to catch a decent fish Kingsbury Water Park (Brum) Stanwick Lakes (nr Kettering) both boast decent fish also but as you say Oxford is amazing for Carpers it's almost like France but a tad harder the fish are as clicky as residents
Lol!

ox-blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
ox-blue said:

Plenty of water around the midlands to catch a decent fish Kingsbury Water Park (Brum) Stanwick Lakes (nr Kettering) both boast decent fish also but as you say Oxford is amazing for Carpers it's almost like France but a tad harder the fish are as clicky as residents
Lol!

I grew up just outside kettering and another good place is Thrapston gravel pits. They finished with the gravel years ago, turned it all into lakes and stocked it with all kinds of fish

great fishing here in Idaho. Mainly stick to the rivers as excellent trout fishing, especially if you like to throw a fly around. Recently camped on the Salmon river as the steelhead were running, caught five huge steelheads and they fight like all good rainbows do but in excess of 34 inches. They smoke up really well too. There's some good lake fishing to be had but I tend to use my canoe on the rivers. I've got a little telescopic rod I keep in my whitewater kayak in case I feel the urge, you can get to some places drift boats won't go

my cousin and her husband live on the bank of a very large lake in Eastern Washington, been out with them many times for bigmouth and walleye; when they are at work i use a bass rod and bass hook( huge) and sweetcorn and catch carp from 5 to 50 pounds just freelining from the bank. Thing is you have to kill them, it's illegal to return them. The bigger ones can take up to an hour to land on 6lb line and far too big for a bass landing net so it's a handball job up the boat ramp. Different world over there, a bass boat with 150 yamaha, trailer fish-finder, trolling motor , 10 rods and reels already to go, live-well and fully-stocked tackle box, plus a 4wheel drive to pull it all, a grand per boat to enter the big bass tournaments, as my cuz says "it's kinda spendy"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.