Any Bluemoon fishermen/women?

andyhinch said:
Barcon said:
Not trying to be rude or anything, what's the reason for fishing carp? Do they put up a good fight? I don't fish much myself but over here the only people you would normally see fishing for carp are the Chinese guys and they eat them. When I do fish it's on the lake and we're after Pickerel, Perch and small and large mouth Bass. Ice fishing in the winter for lake trout as well. I have 500 plus gallons of fish tanks in my basement that I get my fish enjoyement from.
Don't know, I fish for salmon, sea trout and like beach casting for sea bass dabs etc, can't see the point if I'm not going to eat the end product.
I would love to catch a salmon and I would really love to catch a bass on a lure from the rocks.

Didsbury Dave said:
andyhinch said:
Barcon said:
Not trying to be rude or anything, what's the reason for fishing carp? Do they put up a good fight? I don't fish much myself but over here the only people you would normally see fishing for carp are the Chinese guys and they eat them. When I do fish it's on the lake and we're after Pickerel, Perch and small and large mouth Bass. Ice fishing in the winter for lake trout as well. I have 500 plus gallons of fish tanks in my basement that I get my fish enjoyement from.
Don't know, I fish for salmon, sea trout and like beach casting for sea bass dabs etc, can't see the point if I'm not going to eat the end product.
I would love to catch a salmon and I would really love to catch a bass on a lure from the rocks.
Love beach casting for bass, just drive on the beach off st bees in Cumbria set it up and sit in the car with a brew, the esk, Calder and ion are good for salmon, I mate of mine owned a big stretch of the Esk but the miserable sod died a year or so ago, 90 odd and still drive Porsche cayane turbo, R.I.P. Jimmy

I was a member of Prince Albert for 20 years,spent winters on the Dane at swetteham and summers on Rossmere with the annual trip to the Isle estate for carp and Barbel,a superb club with a magnificent array of waters to suit every angler.One of my biggest regrets is letting my membership go when I was too busy at work to devote enough time to going,and I foolishly thought that the £110 membership fee was better off in my pocket.I believe the waiting list is around 4 years now,I would advise anyone to join,their list of waters is fantastic!

wantinittodropitdoes said:
I was a member of Prince Albert for 20 years,spent winters on the Dane at swetteham and summers on Rossmere with the annual trip to the Isle estate for carp and Barbel,a superb club with a magnificent array of waters to suit every angler.One of my biggest regrets is letting my membership go when I was too busy at work to devote enough time to going,and I foolishly thought that the £110 membership fee was better off in my pocket.I believe the waiting list is around 4 years now,I would advise anyone to join,their list of waters is fantastic!
The club is changing fast mate. There has been a huge influx of carp anglers over the last few years, and in response they've aquired waters like redesmere.the big fish waters get hammered.

All the carp bar a few in the isle died last year

andyhinch said:
Didsbury Dave said:
andyhinch said:
Love beach casting for bass, just drive on the beach off st bees in Cumbria set it up and sit in the car with a brew, the esk, Calder and ion are good for salmon, I mate of mine owned a big stretch of the Esk but the miserable sod died a year or so ago, 90 odd and still drive Porsche cayane turbo, R.I.P. Jimmy
Great eating too

Didsbury Dave said:
andyhinch said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Great eating too
All my hunting I only catch to eat, falconry is always my first love

Didsbury Dave said:
wantinittodropitdoes said:
The club is changing fast mate. There has been a huge influx of carp anglers over the last few years, and in response they've aquired waters like redesmere.the big fish waters get hammered.

All the carp bar a few in the isle died last year
I've heard a few stories to be honest regarding carpers taking over Rossmere,I myself am a carp fisherman but I tend to keep it to a couple of 3/4 day sessions a year and spend the rest of the time fishing for bits on my local pond,I'm going to give the tame at Stockport a bash soon as there's good reports of barbel coming out,shame about the isle,it happened about 15 years ago as well,massive fish losses and I believe it was restocked with fish from Rossmere and Whitley,but I may be wrong.<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:00 am --<br /><br />Whirley not Whitley!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.