Any Bluemoon fishermen/women?

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Barcon said:
You have to pay to fish?

Yes.....if you don't pay it's called poaching lol

So who has laid claim to all the water then? Over here you buy a fishing license and can fish anywhere you want. Pretty reasonable actually. I suppose you are paying to fish. Never had to pay to drag pike out of the Rochdale canal.

2013 Fees
Products Ontario Residents Buy Online* Automated
Outdoors Card $ 9.68
Three-year Sport Fishing Licence Tag $ 84.99
Three-year Conservation Fishing Licence Tag $ 48.54
One-year Sport Fishing Licence Tag $ 28.33
One-year Conservation Fishing Licence Tag $ 16.18
One-day Sport Fishing Licence $ 12.95<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:06 am --<br /><br />
andyhinch said:
Didsbury Dave said:
andyhinch said:
Don't know, I fish for salmon, sea trout and like beach casting for sea bass dabs etc, can't see the point if I'm not going to eat the end product.
I would love to catch a salmon and I would really love to catch a bass on a lure from the rocks.
Love beach casting for bass, just drive on the beach off st bees in Cumbria set it up and sit in the car with a brew, the esk, Calder and ion are good for salmon, I mate of mine owned a big stretch of the Esk but the miserable sod died a year or so ago, 90 odd and still drive Porsche cayane turbo, R.I.P. Jimmy

I wonder what they'll give me to drive when I'm dead? ;)

Last weeks line caught cod

w1se53.jpg

caught 4 of these on a 6 hour trip, great way to relax when there is no Football.

Out again this weekend, hoping for more haddock and cod but have a feeling my hooks will be ambushed by eager mackerel

Hello anglers, i asked a fishing question on here about a year ago regards the River Mersey around the Urmston, Sale and Chorlton areas and i didnt get satisfactory answers perhaps you can help.
I am up and down the Mersey most days on my bike and i have never seen anybody fishing those stretches of water, is this due to pollution ie there are no fish in those stretches of that river or is it private water and you are not allowed to fish there?

blue underpants said:
Hello anglers, i asked a fishing question on here about a year ago regards the River Mersey around the Urmston, Sale and Chorlton areas and i didnt get satisfactory answers perhaps you can help.
I am up and down the Mersey most days on my bike and i have never seen anybody fishing those stretches of water, is this due to pollution ie there are no fish in those stretches of that river or is it private water and you are not allowed to fish there?

There are definitely fish in the Mersey around those areas. The club I'm in has some fishing rights on the river which adjoin a no fishing stretch. I don't know why no fishing is allowed on certain parts of the river. It could be due to fluctuating water levels that make the immediate banking unsafe - just an idea

andyhinch said:
Didsbury Dave said:
andyhinch said:
Don't know, I fish for salmon, sea trout and like beach casting for sea bass dabs etc, can't see the point if I'm not going to eat the end product.
I would love to catch a salmon and I would really love to catch a bass on a lure from the rocks.
Love beach casting for bass, just drive on the beach off st bees in Cumbria set it up and sit in the car with a brew, the esk, Calder and ion are good for salmon, I mate of mine owned a big stretch of the Esk but the miserable sod died a year or so ago, 90 odd and still drive Porsche cayane turbo, R.I.P. Jimmy

Done some sea fishing but its not up my street. I like the course better love float fishing and the chase.

mammutly said:
blue underpants said:

There are definitely fish in the Mersey around those areas. The club I'm in has some fishing rights on the river which adjoin a no fishing stretch. I don't know why no fishing is allowed on certain parts of the river. It could be due to fluctuating water levels that make the immediate banking unsafe - just an idea
It is very steep banking in some places so that could be it, heard there are a lot of Barble in some stretches of the Mersey is that correct?

blue underpants said:
mammutly said:
blue underpants said:

It is very steep banking in some places so that could be it, heard there are a lot of Barble in some stretches of the Mersey is that correct?
The Mersey isn't worth fishing for barbel. I've never fished it but I know it has cleaned up and improved but it isn't much of a habitat around Manchester. You'd get some small stuff at a guess, maybe dace, roach, the odd chub.

But there are many better rivers in the area.

Tried a spot of fishing from the rocks this evening, could not get past the blow fish. 2 hours of having my bait taken by the little fuckers.

Keen Carper myself and where I'm from surrounded by some of the best still waters in the country! Linear Complex 5 mins away! Orchid lake close by linchill boast's a 50 called Chocco!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.