Any boiler engineers on here?

If I knew how to attach a photo I’d send it to you what I mean but don’t know how to!!

My valve is attached to the cylinder whereas the one at mum & dads is above the boiler. It’s a square white box with a little lever which switches up n down automatically dependant upon whether you’re heating is on or off. I had to do ours manually as they had stuck in the off position. You may have a little resistance if you do indeed try this but nothing major. You’ll need a new one in time though so my plumber tells me!
Ill have a little look, cheers mate.

Some positive news, the missus rang ATAG and maybe they just felt sorry for her but apparently have logged a case and an engineer is going to give us a call. She gave a sob story about the warranty booklet so heres hoping they come out.

I spoke with them and they said its under warranty but I have to have proof its been serviced and with their manual having been stamped, bit like an old style MOT I gathered. Unfortunately this property was a rental before me and I was never given anything. I am chasing down the old letting agents to see if they have it.

Next available appointment is 15th, I dont think I can wait that long sadly!

It is but I need proof its been serviced.

Arghh! It was only two days. He did say Monday they had a alert saying the cold snap would mean a massive influx of jobs.
My boiler stopped working Sunday (Worcester Bosch 440). Came up with a "C1" fault. That is Flue Fan fail.
Paid £75 and booked to come on Tuesday. Lad arrived, diagnosed "Flue Fan Failure"!
He nipped out to get new fan assembly. 30 mins later, boiler up and running. Flue Fan starts from £180 plus labour, so £75 all in is a steal!
I have 14 days to cancel my £15pm plan. But i'm going to keep it.

Boiler is like new. It has been a bit temperamental igniting for a few years now. Last year we just left it on low all winter.
This year it is back on timer. So was doing a lot of cold starts. Every few days we had cold water and no heating. A quick switch on and off seemed to get it going again. Until Sunday. So i suspect the fan has been failing for a while.

If I knew how to attach a photo I’d send it to you what I mean but don’t know how to!!

My valve is attached to the cylinder whereas the one at mum & dads is above the boiler. It’s a square white box with a little lever which switches up n down automatically dependant upon whether you’re heating is on or off. I had to do ours manually as they had stuck in the off position. You may have a little resistance if you do indeed try this but nothing major. You’ll need a new one in time though so my plumber tells me!
I think his boiler is a "Combi" boiler (no cylinder). The diverter valve is built in and cannot be moved manually.

You are.
All boilers just needs a quick fiddle underneath to get them nice and hot again...
team-america.gif

Question.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know why my Nest Thermostat starts my Ideal Combi Boiler even when it's offline and the Wifi isn't on? The schedule is blank as well. Came home yesterday afternoon and the heating was on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.