Any boiler engineers on here?

A need a whole new one :(

Got British Gas guy over today to have a look and can get 25% off from a mate who works there

British Gas came out to assess ours for boiler cover and now capped the gas saying the gasket is leaking.

Anyone any idea the cost of replacing the gasket? Trying to get someone out to look but would appreciate the heads up.

My condenser pipe has some sort of issue. Wall outside is piss wet through all the time.
Will it just need adjusting so the drip misses the wall?
The condenser pipe on mine feeds straight in to my sink drainpipe. Sounds more like the blow off pipe. If it is, you probably need a new PRV. They aren't expensive (£20-30), and probably around £100 for a decent plumber to fit one for you.

The pipe the comes out of the boiler to outside the house. Copper pipe about an inch thick.
Yes sounds like the blow off (or pressure relief valve) mate.
Firstly, it needs to face the wall really rather than outward as it blows off extremely hot water etc.
Secondly, if it’s doing that, there may likely be a problem with your boiler, in that the pressure is going too high when on, first thing is to check the system isn’t (or isn’t being) over filled.

Keep it in the green section of the pressure gauge, and normally 1 1/2 bar when cold, if it still does it, take some pressure out (but keep it in the green, normally it allows about 1 bar) and see if that helps, if it’s still doing it, there’s definitely a problem in the boiler mate.

Yes sounds like the blow off (or pressure relief valve) mate.
Firstly, it needs to face the wall really rather than outward as it blows off extremely hot water etc.
Secondly, if it’s doing that, there may likely be a problem with your boiler, in that the pressure is going too high when on, first thing is to check the system isn’t (or isn’t being) over filled.

Keep it in the green section of the pressure gauge, and normally 1 1/2 bar when cold, if it still does it, take some pressure out (but keep it in the green, normally it allows about 1 bar) and see if that helps, if it’s still doing it, there’s definitely a problem in the boiler mate.
Expansion vessel needs re pressuring

I’m sure some engineers are handsome. I can’t see engineers rushing to help, when he’s basically calling them ugly bastards. Just another reason to worry about how society is going. Be nice.

going with British Gas new boiler (Vaillant ecofit pure 830 ) £2700 including service etc. got 25% from someone that works there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.