Any chance of Tevez reconciliation?

stony said:
The media have pretty much made up their minds that we have to stand up to Tevez for the good of football.
This isn't Tevez vs City. It's greedy johnny foreign mercenary vs football. If we take anything other than the moral high ground with this, you can be sure that the vitriol and hatred from the media that is currently firmly pointed at Tevez, would soon change direction and be aimed at us.

Forget what's best for us financially. The good will and support of a press that has so far been hostile to us will be invaluable in the long term.

sorry but i disagree...what the media think is completely irrelevant and should have no baring whatsoever on the decision that is made....the only people that should have any influence in this is Mancini, the board and owner, the players and tevez. We as fans have to trust that the manager/board will make the right decision for the club and team....

all the media are doing is trying to create a bigger story (if possible!)...the opinions of experts, pundits, uefa presidents and twitchy redknapp mean absolutely sweet FA....they will tear us apart no matter what...they say they want us to do the right thing but they would be queing around the block for an interview the moment we sacked him and they would pay hansomely for it and then they would use it to again attack the club and turn the tables.....so I couldnt care less what the media want/say etc...it has nothing to do with them!

simon23 said:
stony said:
The media have pretty much made up their minds that we have to stand up to Tevez for the good of football.
This isn't Tevez vs City. It's greedy johnny foreign mercenary vs football. If we take anything other than the moral high ground with this, you can be sure that the vitriol and hatred from the media that is currently firmly pointed at Tevez, would soon change direction and be aimed at us.

Forget what's best for us financially. The good will and support of a press that has so far been hostile to us will be invaluable in the long term.

sorry but i disagree...what the media think is completely irrelevant and should have no baring whatsoever on the decision that is made....the only people that should have any influence in this is Mancini, the board and owner, the players and tevez. We as fans have to trust that the manager/board will make the right decision for the club and team....

all the media are doing is trying to create a bigger story (if possible!)...the opinions of experts, pundits, uefa presidents and twitchy redknapp mean absolutely sweet FA....they will tear us apart no matter what...they say they want us to do the right thing but they would be queing around the block for an interview the moment we sacked him and they would pay hansomely for it and then they would use it to again attack the club and turn the tables.....so I couldnt care less what the media want/say etc...it has nothing to do with them!
these two posts are swinging well off topic

Not bothered either way , if he reconciles with mancini and gets behind us and plays his best football then good . But I am not arsed if we sack him and sue him either , I just want the situation resolved , one way or another

nico1 said:
No. It would undermine Mancini. Tevez's refusal to play is apparently unprecedented in football. So, the club has to share the same absolute conviction as Mancini in making sure that he's not only "finished" at the club but is made to face the sanctions and fines Fifa have said he will face if proven guilty. Yes, we have lost a great player but what he did was unforgivable. If we start allowing players to hold the club to ransom then all that has been built so far will collapse under the weight of the almighty weight of egos it is already carrying under strain. Hate to use Fergie as an example but what do you think he would have done? Exactly and so should we. It is time enough already that players are made to understand that not one of them is bigger than the club they are paid to serve.

Unprecedented??????...modric refused to play against us only a month ago....didnt even get on the subs bench....another player walked out of the club after being put on the subs bench a few wks ago (forgett who it was now).....Pierre Van hoydonk refused to play for whoever it was and effectively went on striker back whne he was playing....it isnt unprecedented at all....

and what would fergie do....well he allowed Cantona to play again after he assaulted a fan (whether he deserved it or not at the time is irrelevant)...he let rio play again after missing a drug test...he let rooney play again after putting in the public transfer request, sleeping with prostitutes etc...dont be fooled bby the talk of redknapp and others...they have a lot to gain by tevez not playing for us.....do you reckon if we let tevez go for a reduced price of 20 mill half the prem league would be knocking at our door to sign him......hypocrits the lot of them

Blue Elmo said:
Not bothered either way , if he reconciles with mancini and gets behind us and plays his best football then good . But I am not arsed if we sack him and sue him either , I just want the situation resolved , one way or another
You're the 3rd man to go off topic.

benmoore84 said:
I am not in anyway defending tevez all this business about him wanting to leave was put to bed at the start of the season and tevez said he would give his best for the club on the pitch as he has always done . However Mancini has reapeatly snubbed him when we have needed him this season for me he is a better player than dzeco and nasri has not been all that since the spurs game so I think he has a right to be a bit pissed off dies anybody agree ??

I agree in part BUT he should be professional about it and wait his turn....lots of players will spend time ont he bench and not like it btu they will take it.

Tricky_Trev said:
Blue Tooth said:
citymad said:
Nice try but mine was well researched, original and a twofer.

Well as a declaration of intent it might appeal but it's not the best this century.
Nice hat-trick. I think this is over.

This has really put the club in a hot spot. The thing is, Tevez just doesn't fit in, he's a square leg in a round hole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.