Any City match-day superstitions?

As someone who became so reliant on superstitions during my descent into near total mental and physical collapse that I was more often than not late for work due to driving round looking for two magpies to counteract the one magpie that had flown away as I screamed 'Morning Mr Magpie!' at it, I really should know better to still link City and superstitions. Still up until last Saturday I did just that.

I won't list them all but there were at least 15 that we agreed to fuck off between us during the post mortem drive home. One of these included my refusal to ever wear a replica shirt on matchday. I duly followed through on my new 'no superstitions' rule and wore an away shirt to Reading the other night and watched us win. However on the drive home I realised that this was now a new superstition in itself and decided to put no thought into whatever I'm wearing on matchday in regards to superstitions.

When it came to pre-match yesterday I thought 'what does it matter? We're playing Norwich at home and we've got a great record against them, what can go wrong? I mean superstitions, what a load of bollocks...' As I decided to forgo the wearing of any club merchandise.

I hereby apologise for yesterday's defeat and will be at the first game of next season wearing the club shop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.