Any City match-day superstitions?

andyhinch said:
mammutly said:
If I get the train in, I have to walk along the canal from Piccadilly to the ground. Been to all the home league fixtures this season and the only time I came by train and didn't walk along the canal was when we played the rags.

If I drive in, I'm so pissed off at paying £7 to park in a potholed lake that I can't be arsed with superstitions.
Where were you hideing on Saturday ?

Train was 45 mins late, didn't get to the ground until gone 2.30

mammutly said:
andyhinch said:
mammutly said:
If I get the train in, I have to walk along the canal from Piccadilly to the ground. Been to all the home league fixtures this season and the only time I came by train and didn't walk along the canal was when we played the rags.

If I drive in, I'm so pissed off at paying £7 to park in a potholed lake that I can't be arsed with superstitions.
Where were you hideing on Saturday ?

Train was 45 mins late, didn't get to the ground until gone 2.30
Mine was late didn't get there till 12.15

Yeah i always have a pint before the match.Helps calm me down before the match.

Just to bump this on the last day of the season.

After the game today my City shirt goes in the wash.

This is a once a year occurrence as I don't wash it through the season. Partly because as a kid I was always paranoid it wouldn't be ready in time for the next game and now mainly because its become a 'superstition' I just can't break.

Never bothered me in the slightest but the other week my g/f tried my shirt on and almost fainted! I can now admit it does smell a little funky.

Still, tradition is tradition.

i've been doing the toe crossing thing all season but it clearly doesnt work anymore so im looking for a new one for the next season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.