any decent christmas markets? not manchester!

SteWadda said:
cockneycarparkm32 said:
Chester is not a bad visit this time of year , they usually have carol singers and a market in the main square . In a nicer setting than M/cr went on the Saturday before xmas last year , expensive as it is its a lot better than going to town . Same tat more authentic setting

They are Chistmas markets how can Chester be a more authentic setting than Manchester.

Ye Olde England stylee . Bit more of an effort as the chrimbo market is still the same as it was last year ,apart from moving around the vendors you can still get a dreamcatcher ,snow globe, polish bratwurst ,urmston dutch pancakes,chorizo , continental cheeses and biscuits sold cheaper in polish shops,aldi and llidl fare . Just in a really nice and pleasant surroundings without bumping into a dozen shop owners that you know from round our way that shopped in Makro and Bookers . ;)

Just a little different and what the OP was asking about

Went to Leeds a few years back, it was ok for an hour but the same as M/cr but the staff had Yorkshire accents .

hey cheers all
i forgot i posted this as i was pissed last night!!!
i would love to go over to germany but that isnt happening so it seems like either the 1st reply , skipton , which i have never actually been or chester , where i have been loads.

what about nice little christmassy villages.....anything happening in hebden bridge or places like that....not to far a drive?

just checked the one near skipton has finished :(

The Leeds one has a massive indoor bar serving 2 pint glasses and an oompah band playing- which is nice

blue fingers said:
The Leeds one has a massive indoor bar serving 2 pint glasses and an oompah band playing- which is nice

Sounds about right as they all look the same. ;)

Oompa+Loompas1.jpg

Go to Aldi. Buy bratwurst, bread rolls, mulled wine. Warm up as per instructions.

Get fourteen other people, Take £10 off them, give them a bratwurst a gluwein and tell them to keep the mug. Then cram everyone into the cupboard under the stairs.

Hey presto your own authentic Christmas Market.

You may want to get some continental style bisuits and sweets from Aldi and ask for seven times more than you paid for them too.

daveduke67 said:
Go to Aldi. Buy bratwurst, bread rolls, mulled wine. Warm up as per instructions.

Get fourteen other people, Take £10 off them, give them a bratwurst a gluwein and tell them to keep the mug. Then cram everyone into the cupboard under the stairs.

Hey presto your own authentic Christmas Market.

You may want to get some continental style bisuits and sweets from Aldi and ask for seven times more than you paid for them too.
You forgot to mention buying a pram and ramming their ankles with it.

We used to do Shrewsbury every December, there's a stall that does excellent home made mulled cider. Smaller than most markets, but a bit more quaint. Plus you still have you high street shops too. Take you about an hour and a half from Manchester, go down the A49 though rather than the M6, if you can, much quieter.

bluetonium said:
We used to do Shrewsbury every December, there's a stall that does excellent home made mulled cider. Smaller than most markets, but a bit more quaint. Plus you still have you high street shops too. Take you about an hour and a half from Manchester, go down the A49 though rather than the M6, if you can, much quieter.

goodcall . Went there years ago when working on the edge of town , lovely setting , great produce , we called into the farmshops in the region on the way back .

cockneycarparkm32 said:
bluetonium said:

goodcall . Went there years ago when working on the edge of town , lovely setting , great produce , we called into the farmshops in the region on the way back .

They also have a motorbike parade through the streets in December, great sight to see and hear.

Oh well... just checked and both were last weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.