Any Long Covid sufferers on here?

Yeah...I have Long COVID appointments every month now. They can help with loads (apart from an actual cure)..i got a free pass for the local gyms and swimming baths. I'll take up swimming next week...see if that kind of exercise helps. I doubt it, though...any exercise or slight bit of work wipes me right out. I feel worse since getting this over a year ago.
That’s shit mate. So you are feeling worse now. Are the symptoms not improving at all?

That’s shit mate. So you are feeling worse now. Are the symptoms not improving at all?
Nope...I'm just learning to live with it and it's shit. I've heard of some people's symptoms improving but not met any.
What area is your son living in?

He'll have to check with his local health authority to see what they're doing about Long COVID. They SHOULD have some kind of help for him.
He has been referred to a ME clinic 40 miles away and told that the waiting list is long. From what I understand some of the chronic fatigue symptoms are similar to ME. That’s it though. He also has pots symptoms which I believe is common with long Covid.

He is 44 and was fit as a flee when he got a mild dose of Covid last August. Were you diagnosed methotrexate by your doctor? Has he/she been supporting you? My lad has basically been left to fend for himself.

Same I was running events all the time, got a mild dose and now where I am. Slowly getting back to things but its taken over12 months of hell.

Yeah its from the NHS that they have got me on this drug, although its not yet kicked in (can take 3 months) so having short courses of a steroid.

He is 44 and was fit as a flee when he got a mild dose of Covid last August. Were you diagnosed methotrexate by your doctor? Has he/she been supporting you? My lad has basically been left to fend for himself.
I've had covid three times now and have a pretty good handle on my before/after fitness because I do (did) a lot of running and am geeky with heart rate date. Weirdly I've found in my case, the milder the illness the longer the recovery. Last covid was in September 22 and I'm still shattered all the time with resting heart rate alarmingly high.
I do worry that in some senses a 'long covid' diagnosis is essentially the medical profession shrugging it's shoulders and giving up - it's not like the Dr is going to give me a course of tablets that will sort it out. I am getting tested for other stuff now as well though.

I've had covid three times now and have a pretty good handle on my before/after fitness because I do (did) a lot of running and am geeky with heart rate date. Weirdly I've found in my case, the milder the illness the longer the recovery. Last covid was in September 22 and I'm still shattered all the time with resting heart rate alarmingly high.
I do worry that in some senses a 'long covid' diagnosis is essentially the medical profession shrugging it's shoulders and giving up - it's not like the Dr is going to give me a course of tablets that will sort it out. I am getting tested for other stuff now as well though.
That’s exactly right. My lads doctor has basically told him nothing I can do. That’s a dangerous message as new symptoms are emerging that he should have checked out and potentially treated for.
If the numbers suffering from Long Covid are even a half of what is being talked about we should be pouring research into potential treatments. I’m far from convinced that is happening.

Had a really rough past couple of weeks especially the Wednesday & Thursday before Easter.

Could hardly get out of bed I was so tired and ever since then I've been up and down. Some days I feel ok others I'm just completely shattered. It's really weird.

My long COVID referral has also been put back to may noe due to the doctor's strike.

My only advice from my GP is just to take it easy and not over do things.

Been like this for 6 months now. It's fucking horrible

He has been referred to a ME clinic 40 miles away and told that the waiting list is long. From what I understand some of the chronic fatigue symptoms are similar to ME. That’s it though. He also has pots symptoms which I believe is common with long Covid.
Long covid is essentially ME with some organ damage , having had, well still have ME for a long time now and then i had long covid lungs for over a year , now resolved

Google ME and that gives you a place to start in terms of recovery , rest and light activities , always stop when you feel good on a good day or you will pay dearly if you push it too hard . Diet is important too, keep it healthy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.