Any Long Covid sufferers on here?

Long covid is essentially ME with some organ damage , having had, well still have ME for a long time now and then i had long covid lungs for over a year , now resolved

Google ME and that gives you a place to start in terms of recovery , rest and light activities , always stop when you feel good on a good day or you will pay dearly if you push it too hard . Diet is important too, keep it healthy
Thanks Kaz. It’s for my lad rather than me. I recognise everything you have said though. It’s good that you have made a recovery from the Covid lungs. With him it’s chronic fatigue, muscle pain and pots. It’s really shit that there seems nothing to do other than put his life on hold, rest and eat very healthily. Hopefully he will get some practical health at the ME clinic.

Got covid for second time last June and in the next 7 months I have had 3 chest infections needing antibiotics. Before that I cant remember last infection if any. People dismiss covid so easily now but in some folk it does gave a lasting effect.

Got covid for second time last June and in the next 7 months I have had 3 chest infections needing antibiotics. Before that I cant remember last infection if any. People dismiss covid so easily now but in some folk it does gave a lasting effect.
I’m similar, I’ve had two chest infections since November and both times they floored me. I originally had covid a year prior and for a few months afterwards would be breathing heavily just walking up the stairs. My resting heart rate has also gone from low 50s to low 60s.

Two weeks into whatever the fuck, this latest bout or probably boutS. Was - sneezing, headaches, coughing fits. With flashes of chest pains over night. Uhh.. Oh, and dire IBS. Fuck. Off.

Now I have a sore throat. PTSD style flashing images when I fall asleep. Tiredness getting much worse. Rashes on my chest? Can feel the excessive warmth in my back when I go out for a walk.

Have taken myself off the hook for righting the world's current wrongs tho, which is helping.

Thanks Kaz. It’s for my lad rather than me. I recognise everything you have said though. It’s good that you have made a recovery from the Covid lungs. With him it’s chronic fatigue, muscle pain and pots. It’s really shit that there seems nothing to do other than put his life on hold, rest and eat very healthily. Hopefully he will get some practical health at the ME clinic.
I have my fingers crossed for him and the others with long covid/ME/ fibro x

Long covid is essentially ME with some organ damage , having had, well still have ME for a long time now and then i had long covid lungs for over a year , now resolved

Google ME and that gives you a place to start in terms of recovery , rest and light activities , always stop when you feel good on a good day or you will pay dearly if you push it too hard . Diet is important too, keep it healthy
I can only echo what @kaz7 says n her last two sentences, especially about not pushing too hard. My doctor told me that just pulls you back. He also said it could take up to 12 months and he was correct. It was 12 months on St Pat's day last year I went into hospital with Covid and then pneumonia and only now that I am beginning to *fingers crossed* feel like a human being again instead of an ancient, pain ridden, exhausted antique!! Not quite ready to get back to matches but will hopefully make the last home game of the season v Chelsea (if I remember correctly) which is the day after my birthday and I was thinking of treating myself to hospitality but then figured I'd miss my usual crew and away from row A I wouldn't be able to shout at whoever might be Chelsea's manager at the time to get back in his technical area. (although by then it might even be a woman as their manager the way they are going!!) :-)

Good luck everyone. Let's hope this flaming Long Covid is over for everyone soon and the ME sufferers get some relief as well.

I can only echo what @kaz7 says n her last two sentences, especially about not pushing too hard. My doctor told me that just pulls you back. He also said it could take up to 12 months and he was correct. It was 12 months on St Pat's day last year I went into hospital with Covid and then pneumonia and only now that I am beginning to *fingers crossed* feel like a human being again instead of an ancient, pain ridden, exhausted antique!! Not quite ready to get back to matches but will hopefully make the last home game of the season v Chelsea (if I remember correctly) which is the day after my birthday and I was thinking of treating myself to hospitality but then figured I'd miss my usual crew and away from row A I wouldn't be able to shout at whoever might be Chelsea's manager at the time to get back in his technical area. (although by then it might even be a woman as their manager the way they are going!!) :-)

Good luck everyone. Let's hope this flaming Long Covid is over for everyone soon and the ME sufferers get some relief as well.
Glad to hear you are improving lovely , you will have saved up some shouting , you had better offer whoever you go with some earplugs ! X

Glad you are feeling better. Can I ask, did you feel better gradually or is it only in the last couple of months? My lad is 8 months in and no sign of improvement at all. I suppose everyone is different. Anyway, great that you have almost recovered and glad that you will get to cheer on Johnboy live soon. I'm sure he will have missed you ;-)

Glad you are feeling better. Can I ask, did you feel better gradually or is it only in the last couple of months? My lad is 8 months in and no sign of improvement at all. I suppose everyone is different. Anyway, great that you have almost recovered and glad that you will get to cheer on Johnboy live soon. I'm sure he will have missed you ;-)
It was in the last month that I began to feel more like myself. I suddenly realised that instead of acute pain when I moved it was more a dull ache. For the past fortnight I have been on the minimum pain killer tablets. Plus staying awake for longer periods and tasting and smelling my food again.
For example today I did a click and collect order. Normally I have to have a rest in between carrying the groceries in to the house and unpacking but today I brought them in and unpacked and put them away before I sat down for my cuppa!

I’m a miser by the way. I do a delivery one week and C & C the next once a month (if that makes sense?) but I time it so that I get the delivery either free or 50p! And the C & C free.
Sorry that’s a long winded way of saying for 10 months I was in despair, trying to stay cheerful then the last few weeks beginning to feel more ‘normal’. I really feel for your son but tell him to keep in mind that ‘this also shall pass’.
I’m really sorry I can’t be any more help but everyone is different and I hope that youth will be on his side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.