Any reasonable offer accepted

Bpughh said:
sell them all except micah. i mean what the hell... tired of seeing so many people getting on micah's case. he's been poor but he's definitely got the ability. no doubt he'll come around

Yeah yeah keep hearing about ability but never see it. If Micah wasn't English the press would slating him. Hes clueless as a footballer and to make things worse hes now injury prone

FromPollockToSilva said:
Most of these players have performed well this season when a) played in their proper positions and b) played with the first-team and not each other.

Kolarov was excellent against the rags because the rest of the team were first-teamers. Similarly, Garcia was good at Chelsea because he was played in his proper position and surrounded by first-team players. Playing a lot of second-choice players together brings all kinds of problems regarding cohesion as well as the rustiness of the individuals themselves.

The only big problem I think is Dzeko, because of his attitude rather than his ability. The lack of celebration last night, after sulking around the pitch for 90 minutes, suggests to me that we need him out of the dressing room as soon as possible. If he thinks games like last night's are beneath him, instead of an opportunity to stake a claim for a place in the first team, then he's beyond hope.

Despite the fact my daughter loves him and bought her first ever replica kit with his name on back I have to agree , I was appalled at his lack of enthusiasm last night and the goal celebration(or non celebration as was the case) really summed his situation up, his touch was poor all night he went missing for long periods and sadly (as I was a big fan of his) I think he needs to go. But think what we have lost if he does, Ballotelli/Tevez/Dkeko and only Augero and Beast left and whilst I am more than happy with that we do need quality cover and they cost mega bucks.

Someone asked me how buying Messi would sit with meeting FFP so I did a calculation.

We can sell Sinclair (we have Navas), Garcia (Richards & Boyata are no worse at CB), Milner & Dzeko (both of who Messi would be a more than adequate replacement for). Plus Barry's out of contract this season. I reckon that's about £22.5m in wages and about £17.5m in amortisation a year. Total of £40m saved.

Messi would cost us about £45m a year, giving a net cost of £5m per annum.

I'd keep Lescott but offer him a 2 year extension for less money and use him at left back to replace Kolarov, who I'd sell. That more than covers the £5m. Buy a few good young players for the bench and job done.

I really think Milner could be a very good right back, a revelation after a little experience.

The game now requires the full back to have the energy to get forward , ability to be an attacking threat and an integral part of play more than ever before. A strong tackler with a good awareness.

James Milner the next England right back.

Chipmeister said:
I really think Milner could be a very good right back, a revelation after a little experience.

The game now requires the full back to have the energy to get forward , ability to be an attacking threat and an integral part of play more than ever before. A strong tackler with a good awareness.

James Milner the next England right back.

forgotten Sunderland already? If Bardlsey can knock him off ball and beat him god help us!

Would need Joe back in goal as penalty count may go up sharply, given the tackles he made last night....

Milner is a very good option to have in the squad for me and a solid pro

I wish Micah would make it at this level but doubt it sadly

Otherwise Bon Voyage and all that

I think there are some valid points on this thread. The players coming back from injury are having a difficult job coming back into a side with 4-5 changes from the first team. I think Micah for one would do better if he came back into a side that had three in the midfield. If Yaya, Fernandinho and Milner/Garcia were to play in the centre in front of the defence then I think we could risk playing either Micah or Kolorav in this side. Likewise if Rodwell ever gets fit then playing him in a midfield three is a better way to ease him back gently into the side, with a solid back four behind him.

Funny that when Kompany is fit he doesn't really need easing back in but perhaps that is because he is a better player than either Richards or Rodwell and can slip back into the team without much drama. I think when these situations arrive whoever plays as striker should be more withdrawn to give some help to the midfield, then with Navas on the pitch we can counter attack with pace. One up front would probably be a better tactic away from home but if we are to play with two then one striker has to play more of a midfield role until we get possession further up the pitch.

I think Milner should be kept until we can find a much better replacement, Richards and Lescott both have to either get back to form and cut out mistakes and in Lescott's case if he is offered a new deal but on lower wages then the decision is up to him.

As for Garcia, Dzeko and Kolarov, I think all three can be sold when we can find a replacement, although Dzeko is a bit of a luxury and if only Jovetic were fit to play then Dzeko could be allowed to leave. His lack of celebration last night seemed to show he knows he will be leaving or he wants to leave so he can be fit enough for the World Cup with Bosnia.

As for Rodwell and Jovetic, both players have to show some signs of being able to play at this level in the Premier league, if their bodies aren't up to it then the club have to decide what to do with them both.

In all we have question marks over four English players which we cannot really afford to let go for quota reasons at the moment, and then we have 4 "foreign" players, three of which I feel will be let go of when we can find replacements.

This won't happen in January, maybe two at most but it is a problem that Txiki and Pellegrini will have to try to fix for next season, because almost a third of our squad are either struggling with long term injuries, form, attitude or just aren't good enough to challenge on four fronts.

schumey04 said:
Bpughh said:
sell them all except micah. i mean what the hell... tired of seeing so many people getting on micah's case. he's been poor but he's definitely got the ability. no doubt he'll come around

Yeah yeah keep hearing about ability but never see it. If Micah wasn't English the press would slating him. Hes clueless as a footballer and to make things worse hes now injury prone

The problem with Lescott and Richards is that they don't settle immediately. Takes them 3 - 4 games on the bounce for them to gain their confidence back. Therefore unless they are in the team, they don't make great replacements.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.