Any reasonable offer accepted

adr2.8i said:
Any ideas on what players we should bring in to replace the ones afore mentioned? Its easy to say to get rid of these players, but who would be suitable replacements? I agree that some strengthening is required but i hope we dont "panic" buy in january and buy the wrong players.

Since our bread and butter is the premier league we need some good reliable proven premier league players, used to handling the intensity and physicality of this league.They don't have to be world class but steady and reliable,happy to move to a higher profile club,improve their pay packet,maybe improve as a player and pick up the odd trophy hopefully.

James Milner had a bad game last night, but fucking come on people, he certainly does not deserve to be lumped in with the likes of Lescott on a get shut list.

Even though he was below his usual standard last night the 100% effort was there for all to see, in his case it looked more like he was carrying an injury than the dont give a fuck display of Dzeko or plain fish out of water from Garcia.

What a ridiculous list. We get rid of Lescott, Richards and Garcia and we'd be forced to go out and buy a new central defender which carries no guarantees of success. Any names in mind? Someone has mentioned 'good proven Premier League players'. Doesn't Lescott fit that? He's won the title! I am far from convinced by Demichelis. We've already binned Kolo Toure. Are we determined to create our own injury crisis by selling our squad players?

Long-term we will need to replace these players but a January fire-sale and spending spree isn't the way to do it.

blueonblue said:
James Milner had a bad game last night, but fucking come on people, he certainly does not deserve to be lumped in with the likes of Lescott on a get shut list.

Even though he was below his usual standard last night the 100% effort was there for all to see, in his case it looked more like he was carrying an injury than the dont give a fuck display of Dzeko or plain fish out of water from Garcia.

Completely agree about Milner. He had a great pre season and lots of people were saying how he deserved a starting spot in MF, could answer some of problems away from home etc. A few bad games and now he needs moving on. As for Micah, he has hardly played any football in a year, we surely cant expect him to just drop back in and pick up his form of 2011/12 when he was very very good. Give him this season and if he stays fit will be a very good player for us still.

Garcia is just Garcia and his lack of pace just exposes us over and over again. Lescott will go at the end of his contract im sure and im just about given up on Dzeko. You watch Sergio work his arse off even when were not playing well and he isnt seeing much of the ball. Edin just stands with his hands on hips strolling around the pitch. To me we could still get decent money for him selling him back to someone in Germany and raising cash. If Jovetic can get fit then i dont think a striker is a key area to replace, a CB has to be our priority. A solid centre back pairing with good cover will make a massive difference to our full backs as well.

FantasyIreland said:
For

Dzeko
Kolarov
Garcia
Lescott
Richards
Sinclair

A combined 92m outlay and all are weak links for reasons of ability or attitude or both.Tonight was proof of the vast gulf in quality that exists between our first choice players and their understudies.
Replacing at least a couple of the above in Jan would be hugely beneficial to our chances of winning silverware.

Say hypothetically speaking we sold all the players listed above who would you replace them with? being realistic of course, I'd love to replace Kolarov and Richards with Luke Shaw and Seamus Coleman but why would Southampton want to sell Shaw? would Shaw want to move? etc etc, same can be said for Coleman.

FantasyIreland said:
For

Dzeko
Kolarov
Garcia
Lescott
Richards
Sinclair

It's worth noting that Dzeko, Kolarov, Lescott, Richards, and Milner all have contracts which either expire next summer or the summer after so I suspect any reasonable offer will be accepted because otherwise they'd all have new contracts.

blueonblue said:

Last night was his usual standard that's the problem and it's no good keep saying he's a good squad player, he's not up to the level we at at now and he's definitely not the type of player we need as the sqaud moves onto the next level.

Personally I'd keep Milner. He's an excellent pro who always puts a shift in. He's exactly the kind of versatile utility player every top squad needs. I've feeling he'll get a new contract anyway unless he himself wants to go elsewhere and play regularly.

If we were to sell him Chelsea, the rags, Arsenal, Spurs, and Liverpool would all take him IMO.

Gotta love these knee jerk reactions and people thinking that we can get rid of the "rubbish" and have a squad of 25 "world-class" players who would all be happy. We were playing most of our second string last night and we won 4-2. Not a bad evening and winning in the CL with a second string is something we couldn't have achieved even a couple of years ago.(albeit against weaker opposition)

Not many were complaining about Lescott when we won the league. Playing with a new partner is gonna affect the understanding. Talking about the new partner, Demichelis is often a headless chicken, switches off too many times and too happy to over-commit himself at the wrong time - but no one mentions him (yet!).

Milner, don't be daft, quality squad player who can fill in all over the pitch. Yeah he wasn't great last night, but still 100% effort.

Kolarov, again gets lambasted as soon as he has an average game, however he wasn't given too much protection in the first half by Nasri when VP were attacking us in numbers. A month ago most fans would have had an in-form Kolarov in ahead of a really underperforming Clichy.

The rags never won all their trophies with a squad of world superstars, they backed up their Giggs, Beckhams, Ferdinands, Keanes etc with the likes of Butt, Brown, O'Shea, Solskjaer etc...players just above average and happy to operate in a successful club within a rotation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.