Any scam calls

Just had a text through short while ago...from the DVSA ( I got done 59 in 50mph limit 3 weeks ago, I chose the course and checked payment made of £88.00 ) They are acussing me of long term delinquecy and I will be required to pay more in the future, their words......Open the link below etc etc. Thanks you for your co operation.
If it is a scam which I'm fairly sure it is, how did they get my number and how did they know my conviction details. Cheeky twats.
Just had the same text, just one slight problem though, I don't fuckin own or drive a car, so I think it might be a scam ;)

Just had a text through short while ago...from the DVSA ( I got done 59 in 50mph limit 3 weeks ago, I chose the course and checked payment made of £88.00 ) They are acussing me of long term delinquecy and I will be required to pay more in the future, their words......Open the link below etc etc. Thanks you for your co operation.
If it is a scam which I'm fairly sure it is, how did they get my number and how did they know my conviction details. Cheeky twats.

Why would they send a text instead of a letter?

We probably get four or five calls on the landline each week, if the number isn’t recognised, it goes automatically to voicemail, and they hang up. I never respond to mobile calls if the number hasn’t got a name. We also regularly get messages claiming our delivery couldn’t reach us because there was a problem, but all the deliveries we expected have been delivered. Also, on Facebook, several of my friends have been offering dodgy t shirts, these scammers must think we are idiots

Texts cost Jack shit and stamps cost £18 for a book of four .

Doesn’t always cost nothing depending on the plan they are with. Goverment agencies (including local government) don't tend to use stamps, all post I send out gets franked.

Goverment agencies with statutory powers and duties would always be sending letters as they will need paper trail for evidence. See the postal rule.

It's easy to lose a phone and miss a text, it's not so common for people to move and not leave a forwarding address.

We probably get four or five calls on the landline each week, if the number isn’t recognised, it goes automatically to voicemail, and they hang up. I never respond to mobile calls if the number hasn’t got a name. We also regularly get messages claiming our delivery couldn’t reach us because there was a problem, but all the deliveries we expected have been delivered. Also, on Facebook, several of my friends have been offering dodgy t shirts, these scammers must think we are idiots
Landline!

My dad almost got scammed out if everything by a false bank call he was at the stage of doing the face biometrics when next door neighbour walked in and made him hang up, he was about 5 mins from losing £30k plus. I’ve told him repeatedly to phone me if anything like this happens, but they are so convincing to old people, I’d happily beat the scamming twats to death.

getting about 20 a week for the last few weeks, mainly Bolton or Manchester numbers, last 3 digits change so blocking doesn't work. Absolute thundercunts the lot of them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.