Any scam calls

I've been getting 2/3 calls a day from an unrecognised number that's changing the last 3 digits daily meaning I can't block it. I've never answered it and never will but a quick Google of the number suggests its some scam based in Bolton.
It's not Peter Kay trying to sell you a job lot of garlic bread is it?

I usually just hang up and block the number but I had one a while back and decided to have a laugh. It was an Indian fella and he was telling me he was from Microsoft and needed to fix my computer.

I told him ok. I really needed it because of all the online dating websites I use. Then I asked him if he had a sister who might be looking for a husband. He laughed and said, "No. I don't have a sister."

I replied, "That's ok. I'm not terribly particular. Maybe you and I could get together and you can be my new wife?"

He told me to fuck off and hung up on me. :)

One doing the rounds at the moment...

Withheld number, British accent reporting that they are from your bank & have all of your personal information.

Ask you about a transaction that they have temporarily blocked (it's a dummy transaction you obviously haven't done), when you deny any knowledge, they say that they will block your card and send a new one to you.

They then talk you through the "get cash" feature on your mobile banking and instruct you to follow instructions to "activate a code" incase you need it. The trick is they ask you for the code that you should present to the cash machine in order to put it on the system to activate, only you don't need to do this so they use the code immediately and withdraw the cash themselves.

Very believable to anyone who might not be clued up on it.

Just had a text through short while ago...from the DVSA ( I got done 59 in 50mph limit 3 weeks ago, I chose the course and checked payment made of £88.00 ) They are acussing me of long term delinquecy and I will be required to pay more in the future, their words......Open the link below etc etc. Thanks you for your co operation.
If it is a scam which I'm fairly sure it is, how did they get my number and how did they know my conviction details. Cheeky twats.

Just had a text through short while ago...from the DVSA ( I got done 59 in 50mph limit 3 weeks ago, I chose the course and checked payment made of £88.00 ) They are acussing me of long term delinquecy and I will be required to pay more in the future, their words......Open the link below etc etc. Thanks you for your co operation.
If it is a scam which I'm fairly sure it is, how did they get my number and how did they know my conviction details. Cheeky twats.
Oh...and it came through as a text showing a mobile number

Similar from DVSA. The car I don't own has just lost it's licence and I need to pay to give my car it's licence back.

Yes, you read that correctly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.