Anybody back from Kiev yet?

Top trip on Spikes as usual.
Sorry for the lad's who got jumped.
We were all over the place and didnt see one bit of trouble.
Locals could not have been better.
Amazing prices for the booze and the food.
Except they kept runing out of beer in a few places, so you just had to go
on the Vodka.
Police were funny as fuck, kept trying to do you for Jaywalking.
They only wanted about a fiver, felt sorry for them really.
Lap/pole dancing bar in our hotel The Ukrania, can you imagine having that in The Midland or the Malmaison.
Tit's out all over the place.
Only marred by a crap performance on the pitch, fingers crossed for Thursday.

spoke to my pal who went kiev, last night and he didnt even go the match or watch on telly the daft twat. couldnt get out of the strip bar he was in! what a waste of money haha

Got back from Kiev Fri morning on the Thomas cook trip. Had a great couple of days apart from getting smacked in the face by one of the Kiev fans, totally unprovoked. Was pretty random but he didn't hang around and legged it as soon as he'd hit me.

Put a bit of a dampener on things for me as never go looking for trouble and never been involved in any bother in all my years watching football. I was with much bigger lads but the coward picked out me.

In terms of atmosphere I would say O'Briens was the best I've been too.

I was one of the gang of 8 that got attacked by a group of about 16/20 lads walking towards the main square having had a great time, and from out of nowhere, next thing we know we were attacked. Thick lips, scratches and bust noses was as bad as it got, having been to all Euorpean games never had any trouble.

This might seen a bit funny but one of the guy's who attacked you
was'nt a Geordie ?, big lad with a shaved head, dressed in black.
Dont suppose you got time to chat though.
Met him during the day, spoke fluent Russian, with about three of their lad's.
He was fine with us, we had a good chat, maybe that was because there
wre more of us.
But he looked a bit Dodgy.
Glad to hear your OK though.

Whitworth Park said:
on the Vodka.
Lap/pole dancing bar in our hotel The Ukrania, can you imagine having that in The Midland or the Malmaison.

Cracking trip pal...the birds in the lap dancing bar certainly helped me spend a wedge. I was impressed with Kiev in strange way, had an edge to it. Like you say we ballooned about the place and everyone was great with us. The Geordie fella was a bit of a strange one but him and his crew were alright with us.

CTID1977 said:
mcfcliam said:
Are you a Ukrainian Blue?

No mate...Georgian! I blame Gio for this :)

Do you live in Georgia?I went there in 97,best holiday of my life.Met a load of Georgians and started a supporters Club for some time but lost contact when the Russians invaded.<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:49 pm --<br /><br />
BillyMC said:
Whitworth Park said:
on the Vodka.

Cracking trip pal...the birds in the lap dancing bar certainly helped me spend a wedge. I was impressed with Kiev in strange way, had an edge to it. Like you say we ballooned about the place and everyone was great with us. The Geordie fella was a bit of a strange one but him and his crew were alright with us.

I heard the Geordie talking to the lads with him after you moved away from the keebab shop - he was saying your group were not hoolies just out for a drink.Didnt think the lads with him were boys as I could have taken them on(!) and he was just a fat lump really - like me!

RE Police: Not just tourists, they look for change off anybody. Small bribes off any one. Just give him a few quid and they'll leave you alone.

Did any one get asked to show their passports? It used to be that it was a requirement to carry some sort of documentation around.

Local chavs: Nothing new. Even I was attacked when I was in Kyiv for a Ukraine-Scotland match.

Tbilisi said:
CTID1977 said:
No mate...Georgian! I blame Gio for this :)

Do you live in Georgia?I went there in 97,best holiday of my life.Met a load of Georgians and started a supporters Club for some time but lost contact when the Russians invaded.

Left Georgia in 1995. Now live in Moscow as does Gio :) Not sure about fan base in Georgia... it looks like there are more rags than blues...unfortunately...i'm sure things will change in the nearest future

Best trip I have ever been on................. Got a cracking Silva song going took off big time had ruskies joining in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.