Anybody played pro or semi-pro on here?

played for city at like under 10's...played against michael johnson a few times when i used to play for flixton and went to school with javan vidal but he's year below but was mates with him..and when city signed him up he was a striker...

Had the chance to play for Glossop North End about ten years ago but passed the chance to continue playing with my mates on a Sunday morning. Wish i made the move now, I had a a shocking injury and broke my Tib, Fib and dislocated my ankle and never been the same since. Know a few players who have played at good standard. Ally Pickering played for Coventry and was on the pitch when David Busst had that horrific injury. He came on my stag do and had some interesting tales.

I got thrown off my team at school for not turning up to practice - which was the end of my 'career' LOL

(someone very good did once ask me if I thought I'd ever make it as a professional, but he didn't know what he was talking about, ehehe)

my buddy though was on the YTS programme at Arsenal, until he buggered up his knee and they sent him home (he's actually from the USA, and both his parents are football coaches) where he is now one of the resident Arsenal nutters. He's also ex-military, and the kind of guy who'll stick up for the strange lady in distress at a bar. He never ducks any fight, and you'll want him by your side in any dark alley, ehehe

(he got dishonourably discharged from the US Army for knocking down a superior - he was staff sargent during a live ammunition training exercise at the time; he's alright, his heart's in the right place, but like I said, he can get absolutely mental and takes no shit from anyone, ANYONE! This quality helps when you're a destructive centre back, ehehe)

mxpx said:
ono said:
I played with and against James Milner at Leeds City Boys. Only one of two playes i've ever played against who i thought was actually better than me. The other is playing in the league below the A-League in Australia i think.

Whats your name? my mate played with Milner as a kid. Mark Rapper.

He said Milner was a step up from the rest, used to play with lads 2-3 years up from him and still take the pi~s

-- Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:51 pm --

ono said:
I played with and against James Milner at Leeds City Boys. Only one of two playes i've ever played against who i thought was actually better than me. The other is playing in the league below the A-League in Australia i think.

Whats your name? my mate played for Leeds City Boys with Milner as a kid. Mark Rapper.

He said Milner was a step up from the rest, used to play with lads 2-3 years up from him and still take the pi~s

As for me played for Tameside when I was younger, used to be all the best players throughtout the leagues. didnt really adapt to the level required was only picked for 2 seasons.
Jonny Harrison

I wasn't there long so i'm not sure if he'll remember me that well, if at all. The name Mark Rapper rings no bells anyway, but it was getting on for 15 years ago, so i wouldn't expect it to. Haha.

But yeah, he'll tell you anyway, Milner was quite big and very strong. He had really good feet and could go past people for fun. His legs were like tree trunks aswell. Mine were like a bit of rope with a knot tied in them.

I played against him in a schools tournament and finished top scorer which is fairly cool looking back. His team won it though. They even had a girl in their team.

I'm in the under 14's at Leeds United Academy (live over here) and I've been there since I was 9, which is now 5 years and at the end of this season (fingers crossed combined with hard work) will be the end of my 6th season with them.

Won players' player of the year in U9s and 11s also, which were my proudest moments of my life.

Beginning to get serious now too though with a significant 'cull' at the end of the season with 50% of the squad dropped. Tough times.

West Brom v City.....League Cup Final...........I scored a goal that day at Wembley.

LCBblue said:
I'm in the under 14's at Leeds United Academy (live over here) and I've been there since I was 9, which is now 5 years and at the end of this season (fingers crossed combined with hard work) will be the end of my 6th season with them.

Won players' player of the year in U9s and 11s also, which were my proudest moments of my life.

Beginning to get serious now too though with a significant 'cull' at the end of the season with 50% of the squad dropped. Tough times.

Good luck mate hope you survive it.

Just out of interest, what's the average level of skill like for each of your teammates, in terms of technical ability and what have you. Impressive?

Nicky D said:
LCBblue said:

Just out of interest, what's the average level of skill like for each of your teammates, in terms of technical ability and what have you. Impressive?

Well, everyone's very technically gifted. Everyone's first touch is well up to scratch, everyone's a 'neat and tidy footballer' so to speak, regardless of position.

When I play for my school football team I'm often a mental stage ahead of the opponents and the likes.

Hope I'm not sounding like an arrogant so and so.

LCBblue said:
Nicky D said:

Well, everyone's very technically gifted. Everyone's first touch is well up to scratch, everyone's a 'neat and tidy footballer' so to speak, regardless of position.

When I play for my school football team I'm often a mental stage ahead of the opponents and the likes.

Hope I'm not sounding like an arrogant so and so.

Not at all, it's what goes on upstairs that makes a top footballer, would like you to keep us updated about your progress if you dont mind, best of luck mate.<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:22 pm --<br /><br />
A Blue said:
West Brom v City.....League Cup Final...........I scored a goal that day at Wembley.

Hello Glyn/Mike :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.