Anybody work for SKY who can help with a renewal deal?

Was this lately? Was you a new or returning customer? I've just checked and it is coming up as £79pm plus installation and one off fees.
I've got 30 days to cancel this deal etc (but i am actually happy with it)

My package is as follows

£20 Sky Entertainment
£1 Sky Kids
£1 Sky HD/UHD
£1 Sky Box Sets
£7 Sky Cinema
£13 Sky Sports Complete Pack in HD/UHD
£13 Sky Q Multiscreen
£0 SKY Go Extra
x2 Mini boxes
£56pm for 18m
Sounds about right to me, I’m on SkyQ with max discounts and with broadband, phone line etc etc it’s about £90 per month.

You don't 'own' them. But since there's no requirement that you ship them back there's no way for Sky to enforce that bar going down the legal route and they won't.
Precisely, just say they can collect them when you are in. Remind them that they have to wrap and label them. I did the same with my BT youview box a while back. They gave up immediately. I now use their box in another room on my talk talk deal as I moved to talk talk and have the talk talk box in the lounge. Win win.

Last edited:
Yes actually. I'm one of those rare people who like SKY. Not the company, just the whole TV package + Planner thing. I used to envy the Yanks with their better channel choice when we only had 4/5 channels.
Recent visits to the States show how much we have overtaken them. Their TV choices are very fragmented and fairly expensive. Broadband is another area we have much better choice and prices. My mate in Omaha is paying $250pm for a fairly basic TV and internet package.
Yes i know a lot of channels are rubbish and there is a lot of repeated stuff. But SKY were quick to introduce HD/UHD football/movies and on demand content. Time shifting and recording couldn't be easier. For £50 odd quid a month, yes i am happy.
I also use Virgin Broadband. Another horrible company, but receive very good telephone and broadband service. Was a pain getting it installed years ago, but had had nothing but perfect speeds since (nearly 400mb day and night at the moment)
Can I interest you in some magic beans? ;)

I'll bare this in mind in 18 months time. I just thought SKY had worked a way to get people to stop cancelling just to get a better deal.
I still think it strange that they allow haggling in the first place.

Was this lately? Was you a new or returning customer? I've just checked and it is coming up as £79pm plus installation and one off fees.
I've got 30 days to cancel this deal etc (but i am actually happy with it)

My package is as follows

£20 Sky Entertainment
£1 Sky Kids
£1 Sky HD/UHD
£1 Sky Box Sets
£7 Sky Cinema
£13 Sky Q Multiscreen
£0 SKY Go Extra
x2 Mini boxes
£56pm for 18m

All that. 45 quid. It was on their website in March. I rang them up, asked for it, and they sorted it out. It came about as I had just bought a 4k TV and they wouldn't give me the UHD stuff without multi room. We only have 1 TV in the house much to their shock so I didn't want multi room. Ended up giving me the deal plus UHD without having send me any mini boxes or charging me extra. Took a bit of patience though. And a long chat.

I'll bare this in mind in 18 months time. I just thought SKY had worked a way to get people to stop cancelling just to get a better deal.
I still think it strange that they allow haggling in the first place.
They'd rather haggle than lose a customer, once they've made the investment of giving you a box and dish they're in profit to the tune of whatever you're paying them.

All that. 45 quid. It was on their website in March. I rang them up, asked for it, and they sorted it out. It came about as I had just bought a 4k TV and they wouldn't give me the UHD stuff without multi room. We only have 1 TV in the house much to their shock so I didn't want multi room. Ended up giving me the deal plus UHD without having send me any mini boxes or charging me extra. Took a bit of patience though. And a long chat.

That’s interesting, because I would in theory be wanting to switch from HD to Q, but with only 1 tv in the house, have no interest in being forced to have multiroom for the sake of it - but I’m sure when I last looked they were upping the Q initial charge to about £200 for the ‘privilege’ of having Q without multiroom.

I was with Sky for 24 years and they made no attempt whatsoever to do a deal when I wanted to cancel, so I left and now have IPTV instead .

CTID
I'm surprised. Getting SKY to leave you alone seems to be heard more. When i have let them cancel it, i'm bombarded with "special" deals.

Apart from full SKY, I have two seperate IPTV accounts (in case one goes down/blocked) and a 1.1m motorised satellite system. There hasn't been many matches i couldn't get!

With SKY it's more about the ease of use for the family. Recordings and series links. My boys get their own mini boxes. SKY's UHD football is still my best quality feed.

My package is as follows

£20 Sky Entertainment
£1 Sky Kids
£1 Sky HD/UHD
£1 Sky Box Sets
£7 Sky Cinema
£13 Sky Q Multiscreen
£0 SKY Go Extra
x2 Mini boxes
£56pm for 18m

You're paying a bit too much for the Entertainment base package maybe but you're getting a discount on Cinema (unusual in my experience) & Sports to offset that. It's fine from what I can see, however it's only really important for you to be happy with it. You'll always find someone who's paying less than you for the same package but rest assured, there's a LOT more who are paying way more than you.

That’s interesting, because I would in theory be wanting to switch from HD to Q, but with only 1 tv in the house, have no interest in being forced to have multiroom for the sake of it - but I’m sure when I last looked they were upping the Q initial charge to about £200 for the ‘privilege’ of having Q without multiroom.

If you're looking for the UHD content you're going to struggle to get it without the (now) £13 a month extra charge. If you're just looking for a Q system then I paid £20 for the 1TB box awhile ago to replace my HD+ box. If you're out of minimum term or on a rolling monthly contract you've got more leverage of course, the key is patience and perseverance.

The MSE (Money Saving Expert) site is good for advice and the latest deals that folk are getting from the likes of Sky & Virgin (mobile & broadband as well).

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.