Anybody work for SKY who can help with a renewal deal?

Our deals ended with Sky. Gone from £30 to £80 so need to cancel.

Anyone know of any offers or what you can say to get everything cheap again?
If you can get through to them, they usually offer you the same discounts, just say you’re on your arse blah blah, piece of piss.

Put the cancellation in and wait. Retention will make a few approaches offering better value but hold your ground as it's just a polite game of cat and mouse. Currently pay £54 monthly for everything excluding broadband with Sky Q2. If they do not play ball at retention then continue to cancel down. They rung me up about 10 days after switch off to hammer out a sensible deal. Remember that you are firmly in the driving seat and as for the return of their equipment they give three months so no mither. A good idea for people to post their current deals so forum users get a feel for what is achievable.

In terms of 'content', then using NowTV you can get the best entertainment channels and boxsets for about £5pm (£60 pa), the films for about the same, and the Sport for £25pm, so you're looking at a maximum of £35 pm all on a month by month basis. When cancelling each pass they usually throw in offers (I pay £3 pm for the Entertainment channels until November for example) so this figure is easily beaten, especially when only buying Sports passes when you really need them.

Whatever you're paying above £35 is for better picture quality (upto UHD), more (usually pointless) channels and recording function. That's how I see it anyways.

It's time once again to play the scurrilous Sky game of cat and mouse, but why oh why can they not just delete their undulating dross and cut to the chase. I really have little time for long winded folk (gulp) that waltz around in an arse about face fashion like the world owes them a favour . We need more direct leadership to get the job done and make everyone down in dear old TV land happy folk, pleasant contented folk who are happy to subscribe for the full duration. Well we have been very content indeed paying £54 for our 18 month tenure that rose to £56 with the CSI index, so no mither and fair fooks in a modern day suburbia setting.

Our package is everything excluding the broadband but includes multi-room and ultra HD. We telephoned them and spoke with an agent who offered £80 for another 18 month slog, and how splendidly affable of him to put himself out on a limb in such difficult times as these. We said we shall call again on the 1st December to cancel down and so begins the dastardly game to hand. I will update again as and when, but in the meantime what deals are forumites calling? Was difficult to know where to post as we have so many good threads on the subject matter. As recanted many times If we work together we survive to hopefully let the sun shine down on us for another 18 months. A-ha!

It's time once again to play the scurrilous Sky game of cat and mouse, but why oh why can they not just delete their undulating dross and cut to the chase. I really have little time for long winded folk (gulp) that waltz around in an arse about face fashion like the world owes them a favour . We need more direct leadership to get the job done and make everyone down in dear old TV land happy folk, pleasant contented folk who are happy to subscribe for the full duration. Well we have been very content indeed paying £54 for our 18 month tenure that rose to £56 with the CSI index, so no mither and fair fooks in a modern day suburbia setting.

Our package is everything excluding the broadband but includes multi-room and ultra HD. We telephoned them and spoke with an agent who offered £80 for another 18 month slog, and how splendidly affable of him to put himself out on a limb in such difficult times as these. We said we shall call again on the 1st December to cancel down and so begins the dastardly game to hand. I will update again as and when, but in the meantime what deals are forumites calling? Was difficult to know where to post as we have so many good threads on the subject matter. As recanted many times If we work together we survive to hopefully let the sun shine down on us for another 18 months. A-ha!

Just renewed my iptv. Twenty squids for 12 months and a free vpn. Phenomenal deal.

Yep it's 18 months already.
Phoned them going via the "I want to cancel" option.
My original £56 for everything except BT sports with SKYQ UHD and five mini boxes had crept up to £62 with a yearly (£2) price increase.
However this now includes Netflix UHD which had gone up to £12 standalone. But saved me £8pm at the time to let SKY bill me. (extra £4 on the SKY bill etc)

Couldn't have been easier. When asked why i was leaving just said my deal had come to an end, and i know cancelling is the best way to get a good deal.
He clicked away for a minute and came back with £59.50pm for 18 months!
I didn't expect a reduction, but there was a £20 admin fee to pay. Load of bollocks i know, but i will still save £25.
I was warned there would still be annual price rises.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.