Anyone been scammed...

Not online or phone scams but I've had three attempts at taking out a credit card in my name.
One attempt failed, the other two led to losses of around £6,000. One was covered by the credit card company and I only knew about it when I received a statement showing all the purchases; the total was reduced to zero with the word "fraud" added. The other was an inside job at the credit card company and was resolved with a couple of phone calls and some industrial language.
PS Never prove an in-house fraud problem to a financial institution as they get quite upset.

I got the attached so replied very politely, funnily enough I didn't get a reply back.

Attachments

• IMG_7088.png
    IMG_7088.png
    231.4 KB · Views: 30
Had this one by text yesterday, I don't drive and couldn't park a decent argument if I tried :)

scammmmmmmmm.png

The scam to the best of my knowledge is that you call the number at the top of the text message and they charge you a fortune because it's a premium line, vile bastards. (I have omitted some of the numbers for safety reasons.
I keep getting those, not that I'd call them anyway but I have a zero spend cap on my O2 sim so wouldn't be able to connect. I keep getting constant emails about my non-existent telegram account as well, not that I know what that is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.