Anyone been scammed...

Had this one by text yesterday, I don't drive and couldn't park a decent argument if I tried :)

scammmmmmmmm.png

The scam to the best of my knowledge is that you call the number at the top of the text message and they charge you a fortune because it's a premium line, vile bastards. (I have omitted some of the numbers for safety reasons.
The date format is an instant giveaway

Had this one by text yesterday, I don't drive and couldn't park a decent argument if I tried :)

scammmmmmmmm.png

The scam to the best of my knowledge is that you call the number at the top of the text message and they charge you a fortune because it's a premium line, vile bastards. (I have omitted some of the numbers for safety reasons.
The number is a standard mobile number but they could dupe you into calling another number from it or pressing a number to redirect to a premium line. As has been said the link is the imminent danger but for the benefit of others (as I am sure you already know), never click links in a text message even if it has come from a company you deal with, especially banks.

People can forward suspected text scams to 7726 (OFCOM) as detailed here …

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.