Anyone disappointed?

A A

Anonymous

I think it was widely acknowledged that poor results against Arsenal and Chelsea would have rendered Hughes' position close to untenable. So I'm curious, anyone disappointed that he's managed to turn the tide in a week?

To be clear, I'm not asking if your disappointed in the results themselves, but disappointed in what they mean for our manager...

BillyShears said:
I think it was widely acknowledged that poor results against Arsenal and Chelsea would have rendered Hughes' position close to untenable. So I'm curious, anyone disappointed that he's managed to turn the tide in a week?

To be clear, I'm not asking if your disappointed in the results themselves, but disappointed in what they mean for our manager...
so you want city to fail ?

BillyShears said:

Good question - a part of me thought about City losing for the greater good, short term pain and all that.

Certainly with regards the Arsenal game, thought a defeat to a bunch of kids would have seen him out.

I'm delighted about the results, really happy.

It hasn't changed my opinion about Hughes.

He needs to get us in the top 4 by the end of the season or he's failed.

But I would love us to have a successful season, regardless of whos at the helm.

We could end up in a scenario where we've finished 4th and Jose wants the job. What would the owners do then?

Didsbury Dave said:

But I would love us to have a successful season, regardless of whos at the helm.

We could end up in a scenario where we've finished 4th and Jose wants the job. What would the owners do then?

bye bye Hughes.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
BillyShears said:

Good question - a part of me thought about City losing for the greater good, short term pain and all that.

Certainly with regards the Arsenal game, thought a defeat to a bunch of kids would have seen him out.

I think you missed the point somewhat. I could NEVER go into a match thinking about anything but a win, and I suspect 99% of City fans would feel the same. My question is, in hindsight, are there any supporters who are disappointed that Hughes has enhanced his reputation this week...

Didsbury Dave said:

They'd stick with Mr Hughes, as he'd have more than achieved his target.

And rightly so!

BillyShears said:

Thats a 'Cutting your nose off, to spite your face' attitude, and i think it is quite silly.

It seems like hughes, no matter what he will win, or how we play, will have certain areas of our support out to get him (I don't mean you OP).

Just because Hughes isn't a 'Fashionable' manager, we should get rid. Lets grow up and give him a bit of time (Like was suggested at the beginning of the season). We've drew some we shouldn't have (Some good some bad), we have won some we didn't think we would, and lost 1.

He should have at least till the end of the season before people are putting the mockers on his reign.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.