Anyone disappointed?

Didsbury Dave said:
I'm delighted about the results, really happy.

It hasn't changed my opinion about Hughes.

He needs to get us in the top 4 by the end of the season or he's failed.

But I would love us to have a successful season, regardless of whos at the helm.

We could end up in a scenario where we've finished 4th and Jose wants the job. What would the owners do then?
all of this.

Delighted with the results, even happier with the performances. No disappointment whatsoever.

Rammy Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I'm delighted about the results, really happy.

It hasn't changed my opinion about Hughes.

He needs to get us in the top 4 by the end of the season or he's failed.

But I would love us to have a successful season, regardless of whos at the helm.

We could end up in a scenario where we've finished 4th and Jose wants the job. What would the owners do then?

bye bye Hughes.

I think you underestimate the importance our owners put on doing things the right way Rammy!

We're not owned by an Abramovic or a Mike Ashley you know! These are decent, honourable men, & from the way they've conducted themselves so far, I think its fair to assume that having given the man a target to achieve, were he to do so, he could expect their continued backing!

BillyShears said:
I think it was widely acknowledged that poor results against Arsenal and Chelsea would have rendered Hughes' position close to untenable. So I'm curious, anyone disappointed that he's managed to turn the tide in a week?

To be clear, I'm not asking if your disappointed in the results themselves, but disappointed in what they mean for our manager...

I think he's only turned the tide with fickle clueless "fans". Those who understand football realise that he's has 2 very good results but those are essentially meaningless if he doesn't continue to pick up good results over the next couple of months as well.

vonksbignose said:
Rammy Blue said:
bye bye Hughes.

I think you underestimate the importance our owners put on doing things the right way Rammy!

We're not owned by an Abramovic or a Mike Ashley you know! These are decent, honourable men, & from the way they've conducted themselves so far, I think its fair to assume that having given the man a target to achieve, were he to do so, he could expect their continued backing!

not underestimating anything, imo hughes will NEVER win us the Prem or Chumps, Jose will.

simples.

Clearly a lot of people haven't taken notice of the failed policy of the last 35 years. Sacking managers does not guarantee success. Personally think sacking Hughes would be a major set back given the upheaval that would inevitably follow. he should be given plenty of time to see his plans come to fruition, I would be happy if he was still at the helm in 5 years.
He strikes me as a hard working manager , with a steely determination and a good eye for a player. Tactically he is improving, ask messers Wenger and Ancellotti.

2 excellent performances & results.....Countless piss poor performances & results....Not changed my opinion.

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Good question - a part of me thought about City losing for the greater good, short term pain and all that.

Certainly with regards the Arsenal game, thought a defeat to a bunch of kids would have seen him out.

I think you missed the point somewhat. I could NEVER go into a match thinking about anything but a win, and I suspect 99% of City fans would feel the same. My question is, in hindsight, are there any supporters who are disappointed that Hughes has enhanced his reputation this week...

Didn't miss the point, Billy. I didn't say I wanted us to lose, only that I thought about a scenario should we have come up short against Arsenal.

I am honest enough to admit there have been exceptional times down the years watching City where I have been non-plussed about us winning a match.

Remember a large section of supporters celebrating at Villa Park when they were up against United for the title in the run-in, and we gave them a needless penalty.

I don't believe Hughes has enchanced his reputation to a major extent on the back of the two results, albeit for those fickle enough to change opinion at the occurence of a great result here or there.

Many of Hughes' supporters have argued the owners do not formulate an opinion on a whim and a few bad results. The flip side of the coin, is exactly the same.

Yes, they will have been delighted by putting Arsenal and Chelsea, away, but for anyone to suggest the pressure is off Hughes for the foreseeable future is naive.

Rammy Blue said:
vonksbignose said:

not underestimating anything, imo hughes will NEVER win us the Prem or Chumps, Jose will.

simples.

I'm just saying that, whatever your opinions on the man's capabilities, if Hughes achieves 4th spot (and possibly a cup to go with it - but not necessarily), all those who are clamouring for Jose in our dugout, are gonna be sorely disappointed!

blueyorkie said:
Clearly a lot of people haven't taken notice of the failed policy of the last 35 years. Sacking managers does not guarantee success.

The last 35 years is irrelevant, we are in a totally different situation. And while sacking managers is no guarantee of success, neither is persisting with the wrong one (not saying we're in that boat yet).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.