Anyone else a bit fed up of football?

we love City but the game is bent, us in tier 3 and the London and Livarpool teams in tier 2.

all it needs now is Trafford to declare they should be playing as they are a special case and not in Manchester.
That would be a great step forward if they did, and Traffords r rate is low- and we have been telling the bastards for over 50 years that they are outside Manchester...

love City hate football.

Football is absolutely fantastic. It’s not the most popular sport in the world for nothing. No other sport comes close. It has its obvious problems but it remains the most exciting game.

I hate writing this because I know I’ll get painted as a fickle fan. But honestly I’m from the Manchester area and I’ve supported city all my life. Never been a season ticket holder initially cos of money, and now cos of my family and living a bit further away. But have always been to 5 games a season for the last 30 years and watched all the games on sky. I’m just genuinely a bit fed up of it all. I think VAR is the main thing that’s done it, and the ridiculous amounts of money in the game just seems on another level now. I miss the days when the players genuinely wanted to play for the shirt rather than just going to the highest bidding club.. I guess Foden might be an exception but there was a time when it felt like we had half a dozen foden’s in the squad. I think I’d honestly trade the success for something a bit more authentic. Now with no fans football is just feeling a bit empty for me.

Anyone else feeling the same way or am I just being a d***?
I noticed myself starting to lose interest slowly towards the end of 18/19 when we last won the league but this year I’ve totally lost interest to the point where I don’t even know when City are playing anymore. Only come back on the forum today to see the reaction to fans being allowed in certain cities but not in others

it's no longer a sport, it's a script .
I agree, I wonder if other team's fans feel the same way (except LiVARpool & Pen United of course) because it could be worth a petition to the F.A. along the lines of give us our game back.

Football is absolutely fantastic. It’s not the most popular sport in the world for nothing. No other sport comes close. It has its obvious problems but it remains the most exciting game.
Apart from: diving, var, bent refs, rule changes, media bias, shit kick off times, corruption.

The constant rule changes are ruining the game. My pet peeve is the offside flag.

If it’s tight and you’re not sure, then see if something comes of it. If not, leave it. If so, VAR takes care of it.

If it’s not tight, why on earth do we have to watch a player run 20-30m to touch the ball or challenge for it before flag goes up...20-30m behind where he was ACTUALLY offside? It’s stupidity, and someone is going to get injured chasing or challenging for what should be a dead ball!

If a player is in an offside position, unless he makes clear he is not challenging for a ball (by either putting his hands up, turning away from the opponents goal, or even moving towards his own goal against the run of play...all explicit “I’m not involved in the play or trying to gain any advantage” actions), then the linesman should flag for offside.

And, don’t get me started with handball...! Either make ANY contact with the arm a handball, or go back and make it “intentional” (to include making yourself bigger to stop the ball). ALL contentious handballs in the penalty area...defensive: award a penalty or offensive: score a goal...should be reviewed pitchside by the referee, because games hinge on that call.

The pitch side monitor is VITAL, as it allows THE ONE AND ONLY REF to change his own decision, rather than being “over ruled” by some test in a room at Stockley Park!

That all seems ridiculously simple to me. What am I missing?!

Oh, and diving or play acting. Fucking ruining the game, and a total embarrassment to their manhood! Used to be you didn’t dare show your opponent any weakness. Now, it’s all about buying fouls and dead balls, and trying to get players yellow and red cards! Disgraceful “professionalism!” PFA should step in, because you’re trying to harm your fellow pro.

If VAR shows an altercation doesn’t impact a players face, but he goes down holding his face or head, I’d send the fucking cheat to the showers! Waaaaaay too many players going down poleaxed, holding their face, when it has been the most innocuous challenge or didn’t even touch their face! Cheats!!

The other side of that, of course, is the player giving it someone in the face and nothing being done!
Ibrahimovic gave Khoulibaly the elbow to the side of the face in the Milan vs Napoli game the other night. Nothing even said, let alone done, even though it is plain as day on the replay. ****!

And, while I’m on that subject, why is it Harry Kane can back into every challenge, throw himself to the ground and get a free kick, yet Sterling and Jesus are kicked to death from behind and waved to get up? Disgraceful favoritism, that I see Spitter hails as brilliant work by Kane! Another ****!

Im on a roll......! :-)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.