Anyone else concerned?

Seeing stars like Tevez and Mario go makes me nervous when were losing out on incoming big game players.

I'm worried but in the flip side, I'm quiet excited about the new manager.

I think if we sign a young versatile player who can play across the front we'll be fine. El Shaarawy would be perfect, very young and can cover for the strikers and play on either wing. For example:

------------------------Aguero/Dzeko/El Shaarawy

----------Nasri/El Shaarawy____Silva/Nasri____Navas/Milner

---------------------Fernandinho/Milner__Yaya/Rodwell

Clichy/Kolarov__Nastasic/Lescott__Kompany/Richards__Zabaleta/Maicon

-------------------------------Hart/Pantillimon

I think that's good enough to win the league and do well in the CL. Hopefully we'll sell Kolarov and replace him with someone for less wages and buy a back up CB too and possibly replace Panti if he goes. Suarez deserves a chance this season too I think.

blinkblue said:
I think if we sign a young versatile player who can play across the front we'll be fine. El Shaarawy would be perfect, very young and can cover for the strikers and play on either wing. For example:

I think that's good enough to win the league and do well in the CL. Hopefully we'll sell Kolarov and replace him with someone for less wages and buy a back up CB too and possibly replace Panti if he goes. Suarez deserves a chance this season too I think.

Looks ok that but would still like to see a marquee signing come in.

Also really want to see Suarez getting some proper gametime.

doomuk said:
blinkblue said:

Looks ok that but would still like to see a marquee signing come in.

Also really want to see Suarez getting some proper gametime.

Suarez is just coming to the age where Pellegrini started to give Isco game time so hopefully he'll do the same for Suarez to an albeit lesser extent due to increased resources/expectations.

doomuk said:
Seeing stars like Tevez and Mario go makes me nervous when were losing out on incoming big game players.

I'm worried but in the flip side, I'm quiet excited about the new manager.
Mario going was inevitable - he wasn't playing.

Tevez going is good news. He has great vision and workrate but the most important aspect of a striker's game is his goal output, and Tevez's goals were drying up, and he doesn't have the excuses which Aguero and Dzeko have.

We now have the opportunity to significantly improve the goal scoring power of the team - that was the key shortcoming last season.

That signing will I think determine whether we are challenging for the League next season

BillyShears said:
simon23 said:
dzeko "coming good" etc for me wont cut it imho

And where to if Cavani turns out to be another Dzeko ie. good in a team which plays only for him, struggles in a top team with top competition ?

Surely it makes more sense to back one of your own players for the next 12 months rather than just blithely writing him off as "won't cut it" whilst dreaming about 100 million pounds transfers (which the likes of Cavani and Suarez will be).

C'mon BIlly thats a bit insulting. I know there are a lot of people acting like spoilt brats on here at present but I am not blithely writing him off. Ive watched him as much as you and Ive not seen much in the way to make me believe he is a grade A striker (like Kun, Tevez, RVP and various others are). He is a lvl below that imho.

If we had two world class strikers (Kun plus 1 other) and then 2 understudies (Guedetti plus one other youngster) id be happy but we havent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.