Anyone else concerned?

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
As long as there are chips on the concourse .... I'm happy.

Yeah, Erik and Larry will take care of the troublemakers....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYKdayl7BHM[/youtube]

Having 4 top level strikers was important with Mancini because he liked to play with 2 and even 3 strikers on the pitch together. I don't see Pellegrini playing with 3 strikers, possibly only 1. Chelsea had 2 strikers the first half of the season, 1 being Sturridge who was hurt so they really only had 1. Liverpool had Suarez and Borini a young and inexperienced player at the top level. Now I'm not sying we should go into the season with 1 striker but if we end up with Aguero, Dzeko and Guidetti I think we would be OK. Our strikers had a poor year, but the year before were scoring for fun. That team led the league in scoring so there is no reason we can't do the same this year.

blinkblue said:
I think if we sign a young versatile player who can play across the front we'll be fine. El Shaarawy would be perfect, very young and can cover for the strikers and play on either wing. For example:

------------------------Aguero/Dzeko/El Shaarawy

----------Nasri/El Shaarawy____Silva/Nasri____Navas/Milner

---------------------Fernandinho/Milner__Yaya/Rodwell

Clichy/Kolarov__Nastasic/Lescott__Kompany/Richards__Zabaleta/Maicon

-------------------------------Hart/Pantillimon

I think that's good enough to win the league and do well in the CL. Hopefully we'll sell Kolarov and replace him with someone for less wages and buy a back up CB too and possibly replace Panti if he goes. Suarez deserves a chance this season too I think.

As we know our first 11 are more than OK. After that we lack any serious depth in the squad.
I would say another decent striker (doesn't have to be marquee signing) and some half decent cover at both full back positions (if Micah is played as a CB)
We would then be a pretty decent overall squad.

de niro said:
Forzacitizens said:
I do realise that we're not in July yet but I do worry about where we're heading.

Everyone is disappointed that we didn't get Isco, that happens in football and I accept at present Real Madrid are a lot bigger football club than we are.

We have sold Tevez and I don't see who we could get as a replacement for decent money for the same quality.

Dan Taylor has just said we won't be spending big on a striker and Guidetti isn't happening.

Have we greatly changed our spending strategy now looking for bargains?.

We didn't get our first choice targets last year and look what happened.
How dare you. Are you a rag? You know the rules of bluemoon. You can't crititize the club or the management team in any way.they are from Barcelona Dont you know. People like you are not welcome. You should be banned. You run a terrible risk of insult and banishment you not being a mod and all. Nope,happy clappers and nodding dogs only allowed on here.
lol the cabal have become the happy clappers - unremittingly positive and savaging anybody who isn't!

Disappointing that we've missed out on Cavani and, more so, Isco. So much for the supposed relationship between Isco and Pellegrini. We've lost two strikers and, so far, haven't brought in any replacements. Surely our Spanish power brokers wouldn't have let Tevez in particular go without having someone in mind. It IS still relatively early in the window; I sincerely hope we're not left bewildered come late august.

Back to the OP I think its worth bearing in mind that Ferran and Txiki having now got their man in the managers hot seat will do everything possible to ensure that Pellers tenure is at least as successful as Mancini's. Effectively for the first time everyone in a senior position is on the same page with regard to how best progress the club both on and off the pitch and this can only be good news.

You only have to look at the first two signings and remind yourself when was the last time we spent big on players aged 27+? Prior to this the policy under Mancini was to send big on younger players with Yaya the major exception.

Last years transfer dealings whilst regarded as a bust in terms of helping progress the team last season did at least include two young talents in Nasty and Rodwell who should stand us in good stead for seasons to come (assuming Rodders overcomes his injury concerns). This season its about plugging the immediate deficiencies in the squad and hang the cost or the age of the player. I would be astonished if Ferran and Txiki sold Pellers short when it comes to reshaping and building the squad as all their fates to a large extent rest on us having an excellent season.

Additionally getting the last of the Hughes signings off the wage bill and the sale of Mario and Tevez also means we have more financial flexibility than last year so I don't really see a case for concern at the moment.

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:

I fucking loved that show as a kid......seems slightly homoerotic now, lol.

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
ColinBellsjockstrap said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:

I fucking loved that show as a kid......seems slightly homoerotic now, lol.

Used to stick playing cards in my grifter spokes then play chips.

How come that when media reported that Txiki didn´t approve of the current set-up regarding the squad and was going to change it to a "core" of players on long contracts and ship out those he saw as surplus to make way for Academy players to make the grade..No one on here took it seriously?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.