Anyone else concerned?

Not concerned at all. Navas looks to be just what we need. Fernandinho I don't know a lot about tbh. However, if he's been playing in the Ukraine he's not likely to wimp out on a wet Wednesday night at Hull. If Rodwell and Richards can stay fit (and it's a big if), then they will be like 2 new signings. I have a feeling if Nasri stays he will be a much better player than under RM. We have the whole of the transfer window to sort out the rest of the players we need. As corporal Jones would say, don't panic.

We may be planning on playing one up top all season
though, so the three strikers we currently have should
suffice.

Losing out to isco was a disaster????
Are you mad??

Could you explain why or are you either a) a rag on the wind up..b)a rag...c)on a wind up...

How is it a disaster when we're quite healthy in midfield???!!!

You know what really pisses me off,when people don't think before speaking...

paulchapo said:
I will be concerned if we start the season with just two established strikers yes.

To be honest I would like to see a few proven premiership players signed also in addition to the best up and coming foreigners. My fear is come december we will be have threads on this forum saying give the new signings time as they struggle to adapt. While the likes of Baines etc hit the ground running. RVP saved them last season while the likes of Garcia, Maicon etc contributed next to nothing.

Last season we lost RVP and in a football context most people would agree it swung the pendulum particularly as our strikers did not perform to expected standards. Currently we have two strikers, a midfield who rarely contribute with goals and have lost arguably our best player over the past three years. As I said if we sign a couple of players things can quickly change but at the moment losing out on a fantastic up and coming player like Isco is a disaster.

Isco is not a disaster, even in football terms. Currently we have two strikers, but the pivotal word is "currently", does anyone seriously think we'll only have two strikers come the beginning of the season? Seriously?
Last season, key players who had performed the season before fell short, therefore they'll fall short this season, and we're all doomed, does anyone seriously think that? Seriously?
We lost out on RVP, he went on to spearhead Utd's run, he could have fallen over in the early part of the season as Aguero did and the world would have been a different place.
Let's see what the powers that be do over the next two months, I'm drinking in the bar, you can stay in the life boat if you think you see an iceberg.

manimanc said:
Losing out to isco was a disaster????
Are you mad??

Could you explain why or are you either a) a rag on the wind up..b)a rag...c)on a wind up...

How is it a disaster when we're quite healthy in midfield???!!!

You know what really pisses me off,when people don't think before speaking...

Healthy in midfield. So then if as predicted we will play one upfront next season who will get us the goals from midfield?

If we go with a typical 4-2-3-1 how are we healthy?

Fernando and Yaya sitiing

The three consisting of Silva Nasri Navas. Then what? Sinclair as back up and that is it cratively and to score goals.

Clearly Pellegrini and the City board,who were prepared to spend 23 million, think we are short hence the attempt to sign Isco so I will happily agree with them on this point.

franksinatra said:
paulchapo said:
I will be concerned if we start the season with just two established strikers yes.

To be honest I would like to see a few proven premiership players signed also in addition to the best up and coming foreigners. My fear is come december we will be have threads on this forum saying give the new signings time as they struggle to adapt. While the likes of Baines etc hit the ground running. RVP saved them last season while the likes of Garcia, Maicon etc contributed next to nothing.

It depends if we get a top class proven foreign striker or an up and coming one.Last season our defence was strong and we created a shedload of chances it was putting them away that was the problem.A fit Aguero most of the season would help but even he had taken to snatching at chances, when what i noticed about him when he first signed was how cool he was under pressure.

A new manager,a new style,maybe the goals will come from all over the team this year instead of relying on the strikers,time will tell.

The perfect fumble said:
Last season we lost RVP and in a football context most people would agree it swung the pendulum particularly as our strikers did not perform to expected standards. Currently we have two strikers, a midfield who rarely contribute with goals and have lost arguably our best player over the past three years. As I said if we sign a couple of players things can quickly change but at the moment losing out on a fantastic up and coming player like Isco is a disaster.

Isco is not a disaster, even in football terms. Currently we have two strikers, but the pivotal word is "currently", does anyone seriously think we'll only have two strikers come the beginning of the season? Seriously?
Last season, key players who had performed the season before fell short, therefore they'll fall short this season, and we're all doomed, does anyone seriously think that? Seriously?
We lost out on RVP, he went on to spearhead Utd's run, he could have fallen over in the early part of the season as Aguero did and the world would have been a different place.
Let's see what the powers that be do over the next two months, I'm drinking in the bar, you can stay in the life boat if you think you see an iceberg.

Like I said on the last page, a couple of signings could change things very quickly.But you chose to ignore that. I thought that last season, when we were missing our on our targets, but alas we panicked buy and with the exception of Nastasic they never performed and in the context of where we are as a club, and more importantly the owners want, last year was a disaster.

I hope we have learned the mistakes of last year but at the moment there are few top class players expected to move and so this market place could be very difficult and we lost out on a target which seemed attainable.

paulchapo said:
franksinatra said:
paulchapo said:

It depends if we get a top class proven foreign striker or an up and coming one.Last season our defence was strong and we created a shedload of chances it was putting them away that was the problem.A fit Aguero most of the season would help but even he had taken to snatching at chances, when what i noticed about him when he first signed was how cool he was under pressure.

A new manager,a new style,maybe the goals will come from all over the team this year instead of relying on the strikers,time will tell.

I hope you are right. For all Mancinis faults he identified after the year we won the cup the team needed additional firepower as playing one upfront with the likes of Silva and Yaya behind was not going to get the goals to win us the league.

Silva has never looked overly comfortable in front of goal so nothing suggest he can get the goals from the position of second striker, attacking midfielder etc and Navas does not come with a proven record in front of goal. Tevez was outstanding for us and he will be a huge loss. I do not honestly see how Dzeko will improve under Pellegrinis style of footbal as possession and control of the game will still be crucial elements of tactics.

But you are correct a firing Aguero could have made a massive difference last year and I would expect a better season of Nasri.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.