Anyone else concerned?

Brendan110_0 said:
I'm worried, Navas aside we're haemorrhaging quality players and not replacing them, great for FFP but not for winning trophies. Fernandinho - got to hit the ground running because we may be playing catch up all season again.
A statement of intent is badly needed, if you want to be the best you buy the best.

how are we haemorrhaging players?
..Sometimes you have to let players go for the good of the club.
2 more players this summer and I think it will be a successful window.
Adam Johnson-City got it bang on.
De Jong-Would have loved him to stay.Garcia not a patch on DJ IMO however Fernadinho looks a top drawer replacement.
Mario-Again..Sold for the right reasons.Good luck to the lad but in truth he didn't want to be here
Tevez-Saved the club 25-27 million by selling.Great business with no saleable value next year.

Navas and Fernando are fantastic players and will add quality to an already fantastic squad which Bobby didn't get the best out of last year.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Brendan110_0 said:
I'm worried, Navas aside we're haemorrhaging quality players and not replacing them, great for FFP but not for winning trophies. Fernandinho - got to hit the ground running because we may be playing catch up all season again.
A statement of intent is badly needed, if you want to be the best you buy the best.

how are we haemorrhaging players?
..Sometimes you have to let players go for the good of the club.
2 more players this summer and I think it will be a successful window.
Adam Johnson-City got it bang on.
De Jong-Would have loved him to stay.Garcia not a patch on DJ IMO however Fernadinho looks a top drawer replacement.
Mario-Again..Sold for the right reasons.Good luck to the lad but in truth he didn't want to be here
Tevez-Saved the club 25-27 million by selling.Great business with no saleable value next year.

Navas and Fernando are fantastic players and will add quality to an already fantastic squad which Bobby didn't get the best out of last year.
Spot on...could not have put it better myself!

Im not concerned.I think we still think we need to off load some more players.Before we bring anymore in.Isco going to Real Madrid was not bad news.We have plenty of midfielders.

I must admit I am concererned. We've lost a world class proven premiership performer for a fee being touted to sign Tom Ince. The signing of Fernandinho sounds ridiculously over-priced if the fees quoted in the papers are to be believed. Particularly as one of the players keeping him out of the Brazilain team is five years younger and will move for a much lower price.

But the signing of one or two players could change things very quickly. Like last year it seems were performing poorly in the transfer market

Brendan110_0 said:

haemorrhaging...........

'any widespread, profuse or uncontrolled loss'

Selling Balotelli, Tevez and Kolo Toure are none of those 3 things.

These sales are not widespread, they are carefully selected.

These sales are not uncontrolled. They are anything but.

Get a grip blue.

baildon blue said:
Im not concerned.I think we still think we need to off load some more players.Before we bring anymore in.Isco going to Real Madrid was not bad news.We have plenty of midfielders.

Losing out on Isco was a disaster.

franksinatra said:
baildon blue said:

Why? Yes we all wanted him but in reality lets be brutally honest,how many times had any of us actually seen him play...Myself 3 times....I am already over not getting him and I think he will be sold by madrid in 12 months. Think he went there for the pay cheque for his father when maybe he actually wanted to come to us.
I said it on the Isco thread,I will be watching Madrid closely next season to see how he does.

franksinatra said:
baildon blue said:

A disaster...how?? A nice to have but not essential...reckon in 12 months we will have forgotten his name as he wastes away in RM reserves

franksinatra said:
baildon blue said:

No, an outbreak of the Ebola virus in Manchester would be a disaster. Not signing Isco isn't even a bump in the road to where this club is going.

The perfect fumble said:
franksinatra said:
baildon blue said:

No, an outbreak of the Ebola virus in Manchester would be a disaster. Not signing Isco isn't even a bump in the road to where this club is going.

Sorry mate I was only discussing the context of a disaster in the footballing sense, in relation to City, as I was on a City football forum. Yes the events in Syria, ebola are much worse I will have to concede that well made point.

Last season we lost RVP and in a football context most people would agree it swung the pendulum particularly as our strikers did not perform to expected standards. Currently we have two strikers, a midfield who rarely contribute with goals and have lost arguably our best player over the past three years. As I said if we sign a couple of players things can quickly change but at the moment losing out on a fantastic up and coming player like Isco is a disaster.<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:53 pm --<br /><br />
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
franksinatra said:
baildon blue said:

Why? Yes we all wanted him but in reality lets be brutally honest,how many times had any of us actually seen him play...Myself 3 times....I am already over not getting him and I think he will be sold by madrid in 12 months. Think he went there for the pay cheque for his father when maybe he actually wanted to come to us.
I said it on the Isco thread,I will be watching Madrid closely next season to see how he does.

Your right I have only seen him a few times but it is widely accepted he would have been a great signing. Regardless of how he does at Madrid I think he could have made a massive difference to us. Particularly if we intend to go with one player up top next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.