Anyone else concerned?

Forzacitizens said:
I do realise that we're not in July yet but I do worry about where we're heading.

Everyone is disappointed that we didn't get Isco, that happens in football and I accept at present Real Madrid are a lot bigger football club than we are.

We have sold Tevez and I don't see who we could get as a replacement for decent money for the same quality.

Dan Taylor has just said we won't be spending big on a striker and Guidetti isn't happening.

Have we greatly changed our spending strategy now looking for bargains?.

We didn't get our first choice targets last year and look what happened.

We spent 30m on Fernandinho. Hardly a bargain.

The question I'd like to ask is-

Would you all be so 'concerned' if we had signed Isco?

Cos it sounds to me like most of your 'concern' stems from us not signing him.

Stoned Rose said:

My concern stems from letting Tevez go before finding a suitable replacement who is of the same quality. There doesn't seem to be much around in the market unless you want to pay silly money or get a b grade striker.

Stoned Rose said:

Quite an astute observation, a lot of this could be described as psychological, I can't understand all the anxiety myself, I have always thought that a little tweaking here and there and some new tactics would stand us in good stead, I also think that with a better scouting system we will be able to produce our own world class players

Forzacitizens said:
Stoned Rose said:

My concern stems from letting Tevez go before finding a suitable replacement who is of the same quality. There doesn't seem to be much around in the market unless you want to pay silly money or get a b grade striker.

I agree that there is not much around to replace Tevez, options who are similar would be Lavezzi, Jovetic and at a pinch Villa.

But who knows who we are after or get I remember signing Kinkladze and none of us had heard of and what an exciting player he was.

Forzacitizens said:
Stoned Rose said:

But you don't know that we haven't found a suitable replacement.

Also, your idea of 'suitable' might differ from City's idea of suitable.

You're also thinking any replacement has to a 'like for like' one which definitely isn't the case, unless we intend to play exactly the same way we did under Mancini, which personally I doubt we do.

I'm worried, Navas aside we're haemorrhaging quality players and not replacing them, great for FFP but not for winning trophies. Fernandinho - got to hit the ground running because we may be playing catch up all season again.
A statement of intent is badly needed, if you want to be the best you buy the best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.