Anyone else feeling a bit nervous about Mancini's signings?

Vitek said:
Yes.For example Hughes was looking at players like Lahm,Toure ....Now we are linked with so many pensioners.Viera,Corboda,Veron....
Hughes was more likely to sign Bentley, Parker, Upson and Samba. Trust in Roberto...and it's Vieira for the umpteenth time.

I wouldn't worry about Mancini's signings, he has a stellar transfer record. He has a fantastic eye for new talent and unknowns. I don't think he will sign those for now, he's only signing players for the next six months. Cause he doesn't know if he'll be at City in 6 months, and if he signs some emerging talent it'll be harder to take to the next club, if he is sacked that is. His main aim is Top 4 if he gets it, and stays long term, then you'll see some real talent being signed.

Viera was over the hill when Wenger sold him - and that was 4 years ago. think he'd get in at Chelski? I'm worried

lionheart said:
Vitek said:
Yes.For example Hughes was looking at players like Lahm,Toure ....Now we are linked with so many pensioners.Viera,Corboda,Veron....
Hughes was more likely to sign Bentley, Parker, Upson and Samba. Trust in Roberto...and it's Vieira for the umpteenth time.

these 2 statements, go to show that you can spin a managers transfer interests in any way you want.

for me hughes was linked with many dross players AND many quality players. i'd judge him on who he ACTUALLY signed. the same goes for mancini, ignore the rumours and wait and see who he actually signs.

hughes was linked with bentley and upson for the whole of his time here, did he sign them? don't think so.

another thing that interests me is, does anyone have a complete list of mancinis transfer record at inter, so far i've just seen his best couple of dealings quoted, which isn't a true representation. i suspect thats partly why the OP is a bit nervous.

Im not to sure if vieira would get in to the chelsea team they have such great young talent at cm such as ballack and deco! Its a squad game ffs and vieira bring us experience and knowledge of what it takes to win the title! Plus it might give barry a chance to get his op so he can get back to his very best! I always believe bobby would be great in the transfer market and then i heard we were turned down by veron!lol but what i think bobby is doing is bring in older players in jan for the short term cause in the summer we will be able to attract top top talent if we finsh top 4! No point in signing ansaldi now when we can get lahm or maicon in the summer!

Lord BLue said:
uberblue said:
Viera was over the hill when Wenger sold him - and that was 4 years ago. think he'd get in at Chelski? I'm worried

a little harsh i think, how many titles has vieira won since wenger declared him over the hill?

did wenger not try and resign him in the summer?

This: compare the amount of trophies lifted by Arsenal and Vieira since their parting a few years ago.

Fully support Mancini and the Vieira signing.

Vieira will be very useful for us this season and I think will help us push top four. He's big, imposing, experienced, and has succeeded in the premier league before. He will be instrumental in us finishing in a champions league place.

When we finish top four this year (well hopefully), that's when the big money will be splashed around and Mancini will make some marquee signings.

I would imagine many are disappointed that we haven't already bid massive amounts for star players this window, and our only current signing has been a 33 year old so far. But i think there are many ways to look at it, i for one think he is somewhat showing his class as a manager without having done much so far this window. Let me say why.

First off i believe he has targeted our two weaknesses already as the mentality and the Defence. Although this isn't exactly hard to spot for a fan who has been following the blue's all season, for the man to come in a few weeks prior to the window and identify this already isn't exactly a given.

He has already started to add to the mentality and experience side of the team, who better than a man he has already worked with, a man who has seen it and done it in the premier league and a man who captained the only side ever to go unbeated in a premier league season, how is that for experience and that winning mentality.

Secondly, i hear people complaining about how he publicly denied we were going to sign Ansaldi yet the deal looks ever closer. I believe this is exactly what he should have said, should the deal not come off or take some time to complete; why would we sacrifice the form of players already in the team knowing thier position is being looked at in the market. He wants 100% from his players every week so why put a performance of a player in jepody by stating publically your looking for a replacement. It's a results business and i think he understands exactly what man management means.

Now onto our defence, the two targets we are reportedly closing in on are Jerome Boatend and Christian Ansaldi. I don't know much, but i do know Jerome is 21, brother of Goerge and Kevin-Prince. He currently plays for Hamburg and has 97 Appearences to his name for his Club career along with 2 full international caps for Germany and a whole host of caps for U-16,17,19,21. He can play anywhere along the back 4, is 6'3 and still only 21. Ansaldi is also only young at 23 and is a Full-back. however is a little shorter than Jerome at only 5'10. Currently playing for Rubin Kazan where he has 52 appearneces with 81 in his senior career so far. However, He has only been capped for Argentina once so far.

These sound like talented, young players and from what iv'e heard form other people, they are excellent players. They aren't world class well known stars and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to purhcase. They both already have tons of experience for thier ages including experience in Uefa competitions.

To me it seems he is adressing exactly the right weakness' of the team and doing it in style.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.