Anyone famous at your school?

Citytillidie69 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Plus (a bit older than me I hasten to add) actors Ben Kingsley & Robert Powell. Two a lot older than me are City's Life President Sidney Rose and United director Maurice Watkins.

Contemporaries of mine were Sir Howard Davies (ex Deputy Bank of England governor and City fan), Ashley Lewis (former City director), Nicholas Hytner (director of The Madness of King George and the History Boys) and journalists Michael Crick & Jim White (both big rag fans).

In my class was Martin Sixsmith, who was the BBC's Moscow and Washington correspondent then went on to be the senior Civil Servant who famously "resigned" over the Steven Byers "Good day to bury bad news" incident a few years ago

fuck me, that sounds like the morning register at Kings College Oxford. Any spies in your school as well......and do't tell me you forgot Boris Johnson.

What school was that mate.....sounds like a Grammar or private school.
It was Manchester Grammar School and funnily enough the head at the time I was there was recently unmasked as a former MI6 spy. He died a few weeks ago and this came out in the press. Probably quite a few more were or still are involved in the Intelligence community. The best known (among the few publicly acknowledged) are Clifford Cocks & Matthew Williamson, who worked at GCHQ and invented what is now known as the RSA encryption algorithm, which is the standard method of encrypting and protecting electronic communications.

Alanm1980 said:
Oakwood High now known as Chorlton High since its been rebuilt.

All the guys that used to try and beat me up in Chorlton Park went Oakwood. I think Adie Mike went to Aquinas or Oakwood - Elaine from the corner shop on Nell Lane used to know him but I forget which school he went too.

michelle-marsh-photo-gallery-9.jpg

Srsly. Year below.

tommyducks said:
Steve Coogan
Paul Scholes
Kieran Prenderville off That's Life

These went to my school too.

I think you might know my uncle tommyducks, he mentioned you the other week!

Also that Karen McDonald off corrie went to our school, and Paul Allott who plays(ed) for Oldham.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.