Anyone going to Abu Dhabi friendly ???

exiledbaguleyblue said:
Re CROWNE PLAZA

If you are STAYING at the hotel they will provide transport for you BUT YOU MUST INFORM THEM WHEN BOOKING OR CHECKING IN.

Sorry no deal on food and drink - Thursday is the busy night so they don't see the need to offer any promotions - sorry tried for you all.

Taxi to the ground from the centre of town (about 6 miles) no more than 5 pounds shared between 4, get a "silver cab",

Abu Dhabi golf club seems a good do for transport to and from the game but would be a trek to get there from town- however its not near anything else if you wanted to try different hotel bars.

Hope to see some of you in Heros on Thur.
Thanks for the info mate, i've decided on going to Le Meridien for the afternoon session.

I am just about to start packing but I have still got a thick head from yesterday. We fly out today and will be based in Dubai for seven days. Cant wait! Apparently it is 90F.......back of the net!

FYI
We have now 3 City events before match day.

Wed 4:30pm - 5:30pm: Studio R, is to host an official signing session at Marina Mall, Abu Dhabi with City stars Stephen Ireland and Nedum Onuoha
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uaetoday.com/news_dtls_ad.asp?newsid=3242" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uaetoday.com/news_dtls_ad.asp?newsid=3242</a>

Tue 6:30pm: Open training session, wait for official details
Wed 9:00pm: City Live event in partnership with Umbro, wait for official details
<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2009/November/Join-the-team-in-Abu-Dhabi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2009/N ... -Abu-Dhabi</a>

And possibly squad will arrive in Abu Dhabi Airport 7:35pm Sunday, otherwise 7:35pm Monday as per my speculation.

I'm just starting to pack now, wondering why bother wearing jeans and hoping some shops might be selling shorts still! Leave Manchester tomorrow at 2pm.

:o)

scall said:
I'm just starting to pack now, wondering why bother wearing jeans and hoping some shops might be selling shorts still! Leave Manchester tomorrow at 2pm.

Just want to tell that wearing shorts will attract public eyes here.

My first day in this country, I went down from my flat to buy drink just couple of buildings away.
When I was in the shop, some womans waiting outside, don't want to come inside.
When I strolled from the shop back home, truck driver drove car slowly and stared at my legs.
When I passed by a watch man of my buildings, he looked at me from head to feets.

Finally I realise that it may not be against laws but it is against public eyes here.
And man legs look attractive for many Pakistan here (sorry to name nation)

Krieng_Thai OSC said:
scall said:

Just want to tell that wering short may attract public eyes here.

My first day in this country, I went down from my flat to buy drink just couple of building away.
When I strolled from the shop back home, Truck driver drove car slowly and stared at my legs.
When I passed by a watch man of my buildings, he looked at me from head to feets.

Finally I realise that man legs are look attractive for many Pakistan here (sorry to name nation)
It may not be against laws but it is against public eyes here.
Now this `IS WORRYING` I was just about to hit the shops for new shorts and trainers and now !!!!!! Do`nt think having a load of leering `male` truck drivers is my cup of tea, as for my wife I better get that Burka out I`ve been saving for the Ninja party.
Fly out tuesday, wednesday we fancy BBQ with the stars (players) thursday we were going to go Crowne Plaza but as its inside and the travel arrangements have changed we are going to the Meridian/NRG/captains bar to soak up the atmosphere and sun then to the game (TAXI for Bartez) and whatever happens after is a bonus, friday we fancy a decco at the worlds tallest building in Dubai, heard its awesome, saturday fly to Doha for the England v Brazil game........ phew !

locoblu said:
Krieng_Thai OSC said:

My first day in this country, I went down from my flat to buy drink just couple of building away.
When I strolled from the shop back home, Truck driver drove car slowly and stared at my legs.

Finally I realise that man legs are look attractive for many Pakistan here (sorry to name nation)
Now this `IS WORRYING` I was just about to hit the shops for new shorts and trainers and now !!!!!! Do`nt think having a load of leering `male` truck drivers is my cup of tea, as for my wife I better get that Burka out I`ve been saving for the Ninja party.
Fly out tuesday, wednesday we fancy BBQ with the stars (players) thursday we were going to go Crowne Plaza but as its inside and the travel arrangements have changed we are going to the Meridian/NRG/captains bar to soak up the atmosphere and sun then to the game (TAXI for Bartez) and whatever happens after is a bonus, friday we fancy a decco at the worlds tallest building in Dubai, heard its awesome, saturday fly to Doha for the England v Brazil game........ phew !
Shorts are fine mate; don't worry.

I wear shorts all the time. The pakistanis will stare at you if you had a Burka on..It is just what they do. Nothing to worry about, if you are at the Captains bar and round that area you will see same sort of attire you would see in any beer garden in the UK.

Safe travels to all that are coming over!

I've spoke to various people and they haven't said anything about not wearing shorts. Even at the BBQ with the players etc at the Emirates Palace, they said that shorts and City shirts are fine to wear. Even at the VIP seating in the stadium too.

Maybe it was because you have dark skin that people looked at you strange, because they'd only expect 'white tourists' to wear shorts?

locoblu said:
Krieng_Thai OSC said:

Not decided on Dubai or the safari yet ourselves but there seem to be decent options here.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.citysmart.ae/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.citysmart.ae/index.htm</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.