Anyone had run ins with city players outside of football?

Met a few players, and theyve all been alright to be honest. Peter Barnes is a top Blue even though he played for them.

Trevor Francis was really friendly when I met him.

Alex Williams I played behind at Heaton Moor golf club, and he is rubbish at golf, and slow, but very friendly.

I went to the dentists in Didsbury and I was the last patient one day (they fit me in at the end), and as I was leaving this old boy comes in the door behind me, and I looked round, thought I knew him and said hello. He said hello back, then I had a double take and turned to him again, realising it was John Bond. Shook his hand and said I was delighted to meet him. A charming and dapper man he is too. I am surprised he still lives round here though.

My dad years ago used to do joe corrigans garden and he also met peter barnes through dancing (with their partners)

i've ran into richard dunne dont think he wanted to talk to me as i was pissed just singing at him. he took it well. Ran into nicky weaver on a sunday staggering past Withington ale house/White lion. he didnt talk much but it was funny.

I've met a few over the years once met Shaun Goater in IKEA in Warrington top bloke chatted for a while and even introduced me to his Mrs, met Paul Dickov in Pitcher and Piano near Bridgewater Hall and he was top class even got me a few beers and protected me from Tommy Wright who wasn't the friendliest! But the strangest player I met was George Weah who was arguing over a damaged razor he had bought from Boots in the Trafford Centre.

Alex Williams went to my school, year above me, and in my sisters class. He even gave me a reply on friends reunited. Just a really nice bloke, so I suppose that doesn't count as a "run-in". He was a nice lad at school as well. We had three lads from that and my year go to City.

I know the name probably gives it away, but were are you living in Cal .. mate?[/quote]

LOL, actually not in Hollywood. Only a few miles from Hollywood, but Simi Valley Blue doesn't have the same ring to it and California Blue was taken.[/quote]

Our kid lives in S. Monica, hes been there 20 yrs now, i did 2 yrs and lived in Venice, Windward ave near the beach. Our kid also has a gaff at Big Bear Mountain, his mrs. produces Family Guy, and they are trying to get a new production off the ground, called the Goode Family.(dont think its doin to well though). Californias a scary gaff maaaaan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.