Anyone mastered the guitar on here?

I've been playing about 20 years and am no where near as good as that time frame would suggest. One thing I have always regretted was not learning music theory - I feel it really hampered my development, particularly with composition.

I've always found ultimate guitar a great website to use though - tabs, lessons, articles. Their tab player plays the tab back to you so you can play along, and you can adjust the tempo to help you practice sticky bits and ramp up the speed to help play cleanly.

I've been playing about 20 years and am no where near as good as that time frame would suggest. One thing I have always regretted was not learning music theory - I feel it really hampered my development, particularly with composition.

I've always found ultimate guitar a great website to use though - tabs, lessons, articles. Their tab player plays the tab back to you so you can play along, and you can adjust the tempo to help you practice sticky bits and ramp up the speed to help play cleanly.
Does it have the strumming patterns with the chords?

Was on that too.

Does it have the strumming patterns with the chords?

You can get thousands of songs with chords and strumming patterns on you tube. Guitar tab sites are quite hit and miss. I use a combo of both but there are a couple of you tube sites that are pretty much always bang on.

Surely you have a good "feel" for it though ? :)

Going right back to the OP's question .... nope, I don't believe anybody truly 'masters' the guitar. (Nor any other instrument)
Even the best in their field would never be so arrogant to assume they couldn't still improve and keep improving.
I have a mate who, and I am not exaggerating in the slightest, from being 17 years old when I first met him was a natural. (A scouser from Wavertree, he had zero football associations, and hated the place to be fair... left to live in Wiltshire asap, and now in Perth, Aus.) He was a total genius on guitar. Total. He could play any style effortlessly, from funk to flamenco, from jazz to metal shredding.

He played in several bands in his youth, getting to tour here and Europe supporting several 'name' rock acts. But earned the bulk of his living from session work, including a lot of ads and TV/film work. And yet even now, he would never say he's mastered it. He is continually striving to be better.

I'm utter shite at it by the way. I'll stick to me four strings. :-)

Going right back to the OP's question .... nope, I don't believe anybody truly 'masters' the guitar. (Nor any other instrument)
Even the best in their field would never be so arrogant to assume they couldn't still improve and keep improving.
I have a mate who, and I am not exaggerating in the slightest, from being 17 years old when I first met him was a natural. (A scouser from Wavertree, he had zero football associations, and hated the place to be fair... left to live in Wiltshire asap, and now in Perth, Aus.) He was a total genius on guitar. Total. He could play any style effortlessly, from funk to flamenco, from jazz to metal shredding.

He played in several bands in his youth, getting to tour here and Europe supporting several 'name' rock acts. But earned the bulk of his living from session work, including a lot of ads and TV/film work. And yet even now, he would never say he's mastered it. He is continually striving to be better.

I'm utter shite at it by the way. I'll stick to me four strings. :-)
You're right of course.... even Joe Pass said he was still a student.
And he was phenomenal.

Something similar with me, only it was my missus and young lad, who managed to get the non verbal message to me that they didn’t appreciate my practice, every night, which I did religiously for a few years. I loved it. Couldn’t put it down, and surprisingly had got pretty good at finger picking although not so good with the pick.

I’ve refused to put the guitar away. It’s still out on its stand in the garden nroom, just in case I pick it up again. If I put it away I never will.

But I haven’t picked it up in years due to the indifference I’m met with when I do.

Ignore them and carry on playing, if it gives you pleasure.

Be a guitar hero in your own head, and just enjoy it.

it's what I am , even though I am not good in reality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.