Anyone mastered the guitar on here?

Been playing for about 44 years and wish I was better at it. But won’t stop learning. Been in a couple of bands.

dont go mate!
An Englishmen moved to a cottage in Scotland.

After a while, there was a knock on the door. It was a large kilted Scotsman who said 'Welcome. We'd like to invite you to a ceilidh.'

'What's a ceilidh?' asked the Englishman.

'Oh, there'll be some music, lots of drinking and lots of shagging' came the reply.

'OK, what should I wear?'

'Come as you are. It'll just be the two of us.'
Sshhhhh I nearly had him.

Played in a few bands in Manchester in my teenage years, once I hit Uni though my practice time funnelled into other activities :) Fast-forward a couple of decades and now my lad has picked up the guitar. He's been having lessons for about the last 9 months and is already better than I ever was, the bastard.

Been playing decades know most chords
The scale stuff remains a complete mystery

My concentration is poor so mastery of it has eluded me

More rhetoric from people completely missing the point.

For every success story there’s a further 100,000 people who’ve failed.

Get a job.
Fair comment, but like footballers some people make it to the top.

Usually a combination of talent and luck.

You can enjoy it though, not everything's about money.

Robert Plant prefers to play in a pub with 100 people than in front of 60,000 these days.

More rhetoric from people completely missing the point.

For every success story there’s a further 100,000 people who’ve failed.

Get a job.
OK you could say I've failed then. I haven't made millions from guitar playing like Clapton or Jimmy Page.
I have probably made thousands though and I've had loads of fun playing in bands and some students were great people to know.

But for me the money is secondary. Playing guitar/bass has been a lifelong hobby more than anything. So those 100,000 who've "failed" may have a hobby they just love doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.