Anyone mastered the guitar on here?

Without sounding big headed, if you heard me playing You really got me, you'd think I was Dave Davies himself. Mind you, I am playing air guitar and it is.

People who play the guitar well, make it look so easy to play, This is why the rest of us think how hard can that be to play What you don't see is the hours days months years of practising to your fingers hurt, Yes some can just pick it up and feel it's part of the body and learn very quickly, but it still takes time to play with confidence and roll the songs off in gigs,

It's the one thing I always wanted to play the lead guitar like Paul Weller, I wanted to be Billy Hunt

Wow that is passion

Last edited:
I tried acoustic in my early teens, but my Mum said in the nicest possible way that i was shit and she was trying to watch the TV, gave up after that.
Something similar with me, only it was my missus and young lad, who managed to get the non verbal message to me that they didn’t appreciate my practice, every night, which I did religiously for a few years. I loved it. Couldn’t put it down, and surprisingly had got pretty good at finger picking although not so good with the pick.

I’ve refused to put the guitar away. It’s still out on its stand in the garden nroom, just in case I pick it up again. If I put it away I never will.

But I haven’t picked it up in years due to the indifference I’m met with when I do.

Something similar with me, only it was my missus and young lad, who managed to get the non verbal message to me that they didn’t appreciate my practice, every night, which I did religiously for a few years. I loved it. Couldn’t put it down, and surprisingly had got pretty good at finger picking although not so good with the pick.

I’ve refused to put the guitar away. It’s still out on its stand in the garden nroom, just in case I pick it up again. If I put it away I never will.

But I haven’t picked it up in years due to the indifference I’m met with when I do.
Pick it up mate! Why dont you try and learn song they know might bring them on side?

Pick it up mate! Why dont you try and learn song they know might bring them on side?
I was learning stuff everyone knows. Went to small class lessons.
A Spanish guy teaching. He was great.
A lot of the stuff I was learning, I had no particular interest in, but they were good exercises.

I learned Blackbird by the Beatles first. That was fine, no problem with that.
I eventually started working on stuff at home that I liked, Wish You Were Here. Then went onto some Rory acoustic stuff.
Out on the Western Plain and Tatooed Lady.
I was enjoying it, but can’t remember why I stopped the lessons, I think the guy changed premises.
But I suppose the indifference from at home eventually got to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.