Anyone met a famous celebrity and worth a post?

When i first started boozing in cheadle at 17, i was pretty star struck when i was was sat in the george and dragon and local resident alex higgins walked in.

We were all nudging each other, a bona fida world star, stood at the bar, chatting to the landlord pete the pig

Any starry eyedness soon evaporated when we very quickly realised he was a pissed up pain in the arse. After that we’d groan when he entered the premises.

Nasty little **** he was
He was. I know a ady who worked as a cabin crew member for BA and on a couple of her flights he was offensive and horrible to the crew, especially to women staff.

In around 1989 the Irish football team were staying in a hotel near me so me and a mate went up to see our hero’s and get a few autographs. Anyway this car pulled up and a man dressed in black got out saw me and signed my autographs book, i had no idea who he was. Anyhow he walks into hotel and the security guard came over and asked did i know who that was i said no, he said it was Bob Dylan, still meant nothing to me.

I used to play doms with (the late) Stan Barstow, author of ‘A Kind of Loving’.
He didn’t like people mentioning his fame, just wanted a friendly game and a pint.
Mind you, half the locals had never read a book. He was one of my literary heroes.

Some notables I've had in my taxi over the years. Jonathan Davies, Rugby leagues Lionel Messi. Clare Balding, BBC presenter, took her to a game at St Helens, great chat and knew her stuff. Madness, took them shoe shopping in Warrington, they had been playing at a very muddy music festival in Liverpool, nice guys but no Suggs.

Bloody hell mate thats going back even further decades than myself. ;)
I think it was maybe the Sheik’s first year in UK racing. He had no box at Epsom then and watched the races from a stand like the rest of us plebs. He wandered around the lawn with nobody bothering him.

Last edited:
Some notables I've had in my taxi over the years. Jonathan Davies, Rugby leagues Lionel Messi. Clare Balding, BBC presenter, took her to a game at St Helens, great chat and knew her stuff. Madness, took them shoe shopping in Warrington, they had been playing at a very muddy music festival in Liverpool, nice guys but no Suggs.
Now I met Suggs and some of the rest at the quayside cafe at Staithes. Polite and pleasant bunch.

He was. I know a ady who worked as a cabin crew member for BA and on a couple of her flights he was offensive and horrible to the crew, especially to women staff.
he tried to get in golden garter one night, didnt have a ticket pissed as a fart. says to bouncer do you know who I am, bouncer replied yeh and your not coming in feck off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.