Anyone met a famous celebrity and worth a post?

I’ve sung onstage with Space. I’m a massive fan. Tommy, the singer, is lovely. Very friendly, very good at dealing with autistic people. Their keyboard player, on the other hand, is one of the reasons why I hate Liverpool fans.

I see Paul Heaton around Withington but have never spoken to him as he seems quite private.

Lots of bands and artists used to go out in Manchester after gigs in town. There’s too many to mention but what was Rock Kitchen at the Man Met Union was often populated by bands who’d played at one of the Academy venues. Nu Metal / Emo era.
Did you ever go to Big Hands? Very popular with bands after they’ve played the Academies, though I’ve never seen a musician in there.

Done work at the houses of;

Mario ballotelli. Crazy fella. Very polite
James milner. Miserable as fuck. His mrs stood and made a brew for her self and never offered me one , the ultimate sin.
SWP. Top fella but tried to chip me £50 as ‘he didnt have it on him’
Craig Bellamy. Ok, as youd expect, bit offish but polite enough.
Shay given. Utter twat. Did something that ill never ‘unlike’ him for. I bristle when i see him on the tv.

And the best .. PABLO!!! I was told he wouldnt be in, as i was letting myself in, he opened the door and was just leaving. I did a little girly giggle, tried to speak, nothing came out. He was brill, he knew, he patted me on the shoulder and smiled and walked away.

Used to work on a local borough 'weekly newspaper', so met a few.
Here's a couple liked.
Micah Richards - top lad. Asked him what he thought when City appointed Mancini, especially after the way Capello treated him. He just laughed his head off.

Sir Trevor Brooking. Absolutely fantastic man. So polite and really interested in grassroots football. He was being told to hurry up because 'Sky' were waiting to their interview. Just said 'they'll wait, it'll be fine'.
I needed a pic for the article too. He then told me to give the camera to one of his team and get in on the photo.

Made me feel 10ft tall. Especially as the nationals were there and some radio stations!

Caroline Aherne was a family friend. She used to come round our house.

My Mother is still in touch with her Mother. When I was a toddler I wee’d on Caroline’s Mum!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sat in the steam room in David Lloyd in Cheadle with Pablo Zabaleta and his wife, and they were just chatting away with people like they knew us all. Brilliant couple!

I have met masses of footballers over the years, biggest **** Lescott without a doubt.
About ten years ago my wife and mother in law went to Cheltenham races and I met up with them in a pub afterwards. The pub was packed and they were sharing a table with two guys who the MiL - who is very funny after a drink or two - was making laugh. It was Lescott and Gareth Barry. I offered to buy a round as you do when you get to the pub but Barry insisted he buy it and I helped him carry the drinks. He was really sound and happy to chat football. I didn't speak much to Lescott but he seemed decent enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.