Anyone met a famous celebrity and worth a post?

Big Nigel from Fallowfield yes.....briefly in an alleyway in Rusholme... but not Big Dave from Withington

Wasn't he Tremendous Knowledge Dave on James Stannage?
Dave was a black lad, big booming voice. He could have been the lad on Stannage as tremendous knowledge I am sure was one of his nicknames. Lovely lad he was, passed away a couple of years ago.

Was shopping in Tesco in Handforth when looking for a piece of ham next thing Paddy McGuiness was stood next to me.

He picked a ham up and then put it down again, I said "no likey" he said "dick" and walked off. PMSL.
One of my pet gripes is those presenters/ bit famous etc people who try to come across like they’re ‘ just like you’ on screen yet are anything but in real life, Cilla Black, Davina McCall etc come to mind.
Rarely ever interact with these people tbh, but McGuinness is definitely one too, was stood next to him in the Trafford Centre many years ago at a till, he looked over, sneered, then looked away, few seconds later he looked again so I just said “what ? You want me to fawn all over you or something you no mark ?”, fucker couldn’t get away fast enough and left his bird to pay for the goods, fuckin tosser.

Did you ever go to Big Hands? Very popular with bands after they’ve played the Academies, though I’ve never seen a musician in there.

Oh I used to before and after gigs, loved that place!

Saw a few from bands in there but never bothered chatting to them. Only time was just before covid when I took my wife to see The K’s and took a photo of them with her. They’re top lads, very down to earth and a good laugh. Probably not famous enough to act like pricks though!

If we are including footballers I can join in.
I was getting Trevor Francis autograph for my lad when Martin Buchan stepped forward and said 'I suppose you'll want mine'.
Without a pause I took the pen and paper from Trev, looked at Buchan and said 'why the fuck would I want yours ?'
I then turned and walked away. A mate said Trev and others were pissing themselves laughing.

Has anyone met KDB? The last time I got my hair cut, the bloke who owns the salon did it and he was a City fan who’d done KDB’s hair. Nice guy but very quiet, apparently.

Has anyone met KDB? The last time I got my hair cut, the bloke who owns the salon did it and he was a City fan who’d done KDB’s hair. Nice guy but very quiet, apparently.
I’ve read interviews where it’s been quite obvious mate, even the interviewer on a recent one made a similar observation, also, a girl I used to see lived nearby (think it’s Delamere way), said she used to see him at the ‘organic farm butchers’ quite a lot (he’d spend about £250 a week, her about £50 a month lol) she said pretty much the same thing, polite but very quiet and private.

Wow, he must love his meat!

I think he’s done other City players’ hair as well but can’t remember who.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.